Getting pregnant while BF:ing???

BabyMagic

Reaction score
Out of interest, (and after reading Sherlock's thread on tandem feeding) has anyone got pregnant whilst breastfeeding (or know anyone who has)?

We haven't used contraception as we would welcome a new pregnancy anytime, but I haven't even had my first period yet and LO is nearly 8 months :) There is no rush, but it would be sad to stop breastfeeding only to be able to get pregnant again :shakehead:

Yep - also two out of three of my friends who had babies around the same time as me and then got pregant agian were still b/fing.

My friend got pregnant while exclusively breastfeeding but her periods had returned - I dont know if that means anything??

ella said:
My friend got pregnant while exclusively breastfeeding but her periods had returned - I dont know if that means anything??

i wonder does that mean that your periods have to return for you to get pg or did the other ladies who were b/f have no periods but got pg?

I think you kind of need your periods to be fertile. Having said that, women tend to ovulate about 14 days before the period is due. So in theory you could fall pregnant before your first period comes as you could fall within the first ovulation.

I am now kind of hoping that my period comes back sometime soonish :oops:

Thanks for your replies girlies :wave:

I have a friend who was bf and got pregnant and is waiting for a scan to see how far along she is as shes not had a period. But she did stop bf at about 3/4 months so could of got caught straight away before she had her first period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back