getting paranoid... Could I have harmed my baby by sitting funny?

i.love

Reaction score
sorry girls this is probably really silly, but I can't stop thinking about it.

when I was in Ireland for a holiday we did a lot of driving. My MIL gets a bit car sick, so she asked me to sit at the back of the car, so she could sit at the front, next to my husband, who was driving.

anyway, I remember once on the way back I was really uncomfortable, as was sitting in a small seat that was also in such an angle that your bottom is lower than your knees, ykwim? And I wore tight jeans (maternity ones, but still a bit tight when you sit), and a seatbelt. My tummy felt really uncomfortable and I spent the whole journey trying to pull the jeans and the belt away from my tummy with my hands. The journey lasted about an hour or more.

now I'm thinking - how stupid!! I should have said smth and asked for my normal seat back! What if I have harmed my lil one? He is so small and delicate, and all this seat belts/jeans pushing on him... :(

what do you think? should I be worried? or am I just getting paranoid?

sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.

Last edited:
hey hun :wave:

i wouldn't worry, im sure it will be ok. if anything was wrong he will let you know about it. im always told babies can take a lot of pushing and moving around.

isn't it funny how when you're pregnant you feel to bad to say things to people like you did with your MIL. everyone around me isn't smoking at the moment. i went to see my dad yesterday and him and his other half were sitting in the living room smoking away and i didn't say a thing! xx

I know where your comin from but I really don't think you would have done him any harm.....they are protected in the amniotic sac in there hun and if you sat squashed I think your internal organs would have got compressed to make room for LO to be OK rather than LO being squashed or hurt!
I think try not to worry, if LO is wriggling about today am sure he/she is fine!xxxx

thanks girls

pos, yeah it's funny really... The problem was I thought we are going to arrive any moment, that we are almost there... and kept thinking - well another minute would be ok.

mum2b410, lo is moving fine :) This was a couple of weeks ago actually... But I still think about it.

Try not to worry about it too much, baby will be totally fine.

I have hard concrete stairs inside my block flat, and about 2 weeks ago I ran down the stairs, at like super sonic speed, I didn't fall but at one point my foot gave way and I nearly slipped, I sat for days thinking, OMG imagine if I had fell. Still think about it now.

:oooo:

I feel like that no matter what seat I sit in the car, I always seem to ache if I have trousers on, I'm fine with my maxi dress on so I wouldn't worry about it xxx

Don't worry, Think how much sqaushing and squeezing they get during labour and they all survive that ok! xxx

I think about things like this too.
If I'm squashed somewhere or sitting/lying funny during sex, I think about the baby and worry if I am hurting it.
Baby usually kicks me if I'm making it uncomfortable, like just then actually. I put my leg up whilst sitting down and baby kicked me three times :lol: I've moved it now.

Our LO's are very protected in there, I wouldn't worry about it at all xxx

thanks girls... I try not to worry too much about little things, it's just this one that doesn't go out of my head for some reason.

littlemiss, please be careful on those stairs! xx

thanks girls... I try not to worry too much about little things, it's just this one that doesn't go out of my head for some reason.

littlemiss, please be careful on those stairs! xx

awww thanks for your concern. I rather freaked myself out a bit.

I have to say to myself....stop rushing.

:)

I normally wear tight uncomfortable clothes and don't think much about it, but now I'm pregnant I cannot stand tight clothes or any pressure on my tummy.

We went on a long car journey yesterday and I just unzipped my trousers and moved the lower part of the seatbelt around my knee instead of around my lower stomach. Might not be very orthodox, but I just need to be comfy no matter what.

I really don't think you could have harmed baby in any way. Remember they're very well cushioned in there.

ISH I do the same, sometimes I even take my trousers down to my knees :) But I couldn't really do it that time, as my FIL was sitting next to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back