Getting mobile (sort of)

Hazel

Reaction score
This past few days Connie seems to have got a bit more mobile but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. She lies flat on her stomach, pulls her knees up then onto her toes (like some weird yoga position) with her face still on the ground and pushes herself along in a sort of hop like a frog :? . She can push herself up on her arms but hasn't worked out how to do both arms and legs at the same time yet. Is this normal? Will crawling be soon? I'm sure she's going to get carpet burns on her face if she carries on like this for much longer :( .

Just to add, after weeks of rolling from back to front she is now finally rolling from front to back again so less screaming when she gets stuck :cheer:

that sounds sort of like what Anjali does. (only much earlier!!)

sounds pretty advanced for a 5 month old!

Yup, it's normal, it might take her a while to figure out how to "do" the crawling thing. Is she sitting up by herself? DD sat up by herself then started rocking on her hands and knees then suddenly learn't how to sit herself up and started crawling.

We had weeks and weeks of her getting very frustrated that she couldn't quite move herself so you might have the same with Connie, but she's much happier (but a right pain in the bum) now she's mobile. It only took her a week to go from barely moving to flying across the room so watch out :lol:

She can sit up by herself but tends to fall over as she is a fidget. If the tv is on and she's lookng at it she sits up but otherwise she's more interested in getting her feet in her mouth then falls over.

I didn't know babies did this. I thought they just got up on their knees and hands and rocked then learnt to crawl. Do they do this face crawling for long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back