Getting me down..

jayx2

Reaction score
It wasn't so bad at first but now my hair is falling out big time its horrible when I brush it the brush is covered when I take my bobble from my hair its covered when I wash my hair it comes away in clumps in my hands & now I can notice where its receeding at either side of my head :(:(!! Are any of you other ladies suffering from this after having your LO,is there anythin I can use or do to ease it ? It's getting me down as well as my weight which I cannot seem to shift & my OH has been driving me crazy past few days aswell but that's another story!
Tapatalking!

dont brush too much or use elastic bobbles, scrunchies are less damaging. apart from that no hun i cant suggest much apart from getting checked for a thyroid problem as weight and hair loss are symptoms of some thyroid problems. im shifting the weight fine but my hair does fall out loads and loads. i can literally plug the bath with it every bathtime and its everywhere, including babies hands lol. mine isnt receding tho and it always did fall out a lot. not this bad but still a lot

How strange that I was coming on here tonight to post about my hair and there are 2 threads on it!

Mine is coming out by the clump full too. :(

it does fall out after u have a baby, hormonal changes control hair growth and shedding. new hair grows while your preg and then all falls out after, it can last for ages too

Mine has been falling out for a few weeks too :( in the shower is the worse!

Mines still going... 19 months later

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Yep, hubby is moaning that I'll block the Hoover at this rate!!!

Have just posted about this on a different thread, it's so depressing! Have just spoken to my sister (she's obsessed with stuff like this!lol), and she said to take vitamin B5, iron tablets and biotin! I've just ordered mine from Amazon. Not sure if it will help, but I'm willing to try any thing at the moment!lol xxx

Yep mine started a few days ago, the texture is changing too, it's blinking awful, having to use CW leave in conditioner as well as my usual stuff, you would've thought something with the name 'torture tonic' would've been enough :(

Mines been coming out for around 2months now and it really pisses me off- it gets EVERYWHERE!! I haven't noticed receeding hairline tho. Maybe u should c go like brb says if its that bad and with the weight too- no harm in asking the question and getting checked out! X

Last edited:
Before I had mine cut I was brushing my hair with Albert on my lap, looked down and he looked like Cousin It :D. It's better now it's had a good cut though. I'm taking Kelp tablets, it promotes hair growth and thickness. You can get them at health food shops but check if you can take them if you are breastfeeding xxxxxxxx

Mine came out in handfuls from about 3-4 months after birth. Past month it's gone back to pre pregnancy normal fallout rate. It was really scary when it was coming out and I've got loads of hair but I was really worried. Lots of new growth now. I've had a big haircut whilst it all goes back to normal.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Yup same here!!! I have to de-hair my brush every bloody week! I'll be bald at this rate!!! X

Mines has only really started getting bad past few weeks & Callum is over 4 months old I'm just scared I'll end up with big bald patches, its worse in the shower for me too when i run my hands through my hair loads comes away! & poor C always ends up with it all in his hands and tries to eat his hands and ends up with the bloody hair in his mouth yuk! x

Last edited:
Mine started when H was 4 months too! My nails have gone really brittle too! X

Ladies there are products on the Market that will help with thinning hair. The reason your hair is falling out is as a result of the hormone changes so until that balances out it will continue but you can promote new growth with a product for thinning hair. Redken and nioxin both do clinically proven products xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back