Getting into a proper routine again.... *UPDATED 1ST POST*

happy-chick

Reaction score
UPDATE - Night 1 (Friday 1st Aug)

We bathed Ellie at 9:30 then brought her into darkened bedroom for quiet time and boob then sleep... its now 11:45 and shes wide awake blowing raspberrys!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

With moving house and doing the house up Ellies normal routine has been completely thrown out of the window, shes been kept up later than usual lots in the past month or so and she now thinks that bedtime is gone 11pm but shes not getting up until 10-11am :lol: she was in a good routine before all the changes but bedtime has moved later and later.

We are gunna try and bring this forward again slowly, we plan to give her a bath at approx 9pm, then quiet time, read a book to her, boob and bed about 10:30pm ish to begin with.... whilst moving we've been bathing her when we've got the chance etc so hopefully getting back into the same routine each night will help. If that fails then we're gunna try controlled crying if she wont sleep but shes tired (eeek im dreading it lol!). We will then bring this time forward slowly over the coming weeks, all sounds good in theory but whether it will go to plan is another matter :wall: :lol:

Just wondering if anyone else has had a simular problem and has sucessfully moved a routine around? Would be great to hear from you and any tips that you have :) thanks x

Just bringing the bedtime forward by 10 mins every couple of nights sounds like a good plan. I'd have a week of the same time to get her back into the routine and then start bringing it forward.

If you have a blip then try a few nights at the same time and then start brigning it forward.

Good luck!

I dont really know to be honest hun (fat lot of use I am!) but i think moving bathtime forward is good, and if it were me I would probably stimulate her in the day as much as possible and let her wear herself out so that by the time she has her bath and is ready for last milk, shes exhausted. Good luck hun! :hug: :hug:

sorry...i shouldnt laugh...but pmsl at the way you wrote that! I can just imagine her happily blowing raspberries whilst your there all frustrated wanting her to sleep...

Maybe you could give her a shot of whisky with her last boobie feed??! (Im joking by the way before anyone gives me a lynching!)

Keep at it hun. Its hard work but it will be worth it in the end :hug: :hug:

how's it going Jo?

has she started to settle a bit better? I've only interupted Evie routine once and it was total nightmare so I vowed I would never ever do it again!

pilkers said:
how's it going Jo?

has she started to settle a bit better? I've only interupted Evie routine once and it was total nightmare so I vowed I would never ever do it again!

Last night she went to sleep at about 10:30, she's still waking loads in the night but the initial bedtime was much better last night so its a start! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back