getting healthy

dyscochick

Reaction score
Tell me to forget it if you don't want this here, but a few girls on here, specifically in coping with mc, me included have mentioned wanting to loose weight or get fitter/healthier. Now especially considering why we are all in this part of the forum we need our indulgences, so we aren't doing 'weigh in' or anything like that, but I thought we could have a thread that might help get us motivated and do positive things towards dealing with the here and now and emotional turmoil as well as looking forward to TTC.

For example, I had take away chinese for tea last night, so have left overs for today :oooo: BUT have got a loads of fruit as healthy snacks and am dragging OH our for a run tonight. Dinner plans are jacket potatos with ham and salad.

This is a great idea dysco, might help me keep motivated and focused!

I am debating whether to go into work early today and use the gym before starting work. As for dinner tonight I haven't decided as I'm working til 8pm so it needs to be something quick and easy. Xx

Nice one dyscochick! Just what we need......

We also had a chink last night, going to have some sort of cereal for bfast ham brown swich for lunch and not sure of dinner yet! Going to walk my pooch and finish the clear out I started yesterday, kept today quiet from clients only got 2 so from tomo it's back to normals

do it, do it go to the gym, don't do too much if its your first time in ages, even if you are just in there for 10 mins and a warm up and some weights, something is better than nothing!!!! :)

i am doing the maintenance plan of atkins diet, a little modified (with less fat so i still loose weight).
so practically i usually eat an omelet for breakfast with vegetables or oats and yogurt. fish/chicken etc with a salad for lunch, berries for snacks or nuts or vegetables and a salad or cooked vegetables with leftover fish/meat whatever from lunch for dinner.

no gym as no time. i used to jog every day for 1 h last year that i was in my normal weight.... can't wait to loose some wight so i can do that again.

i struggle to feel full if i cut down on carbs, its probably pschological/comfort thing, or just making sure my meals have got enough other stuff in.

yes i might give running ago when Im not such a bloater!!

I started the cambridge diet today - just 3 x milkshakes a day - so liquid diet.
Works very fast. Only way I seem to e able to diet thought.
OH eats whatever he likes and doesnt really put on weight, always choc and stuff in house for everyone else.
So this worked for me before, and only thing i have found works for me when all food is banned!!

About a month I should of shifted this stone and a bit, then af should of arrived and I can think about ttc again. as a new me. xxxx

I'm tempted on the herbal life but never thought much about dust diets but like u say they get us back int tic shape ready to put it all back on anyway!!! C

yeah i know!!

i think though if over a stone lighter when conceive then should be over stone lighter at the end than would of been if not lost that weight!xx

the best laid plans......

a rep just turned up and gave me a bag of maltesers......argh now they are sat in my drawer calling me....

hi girls,
how is the healthy eating going?
I felt peed off this morning, (OH in a grump and taking it out on me!) really wanted to reach for the biscuit tin, or ceral, or toast! Just food!!
So just thought id jump on scales to see how I was doing and woo hoo have lost 3 Ibs since Monday!! So two days - pretty good going eh, def dont want those biccies now, no thank you. Yum yum lovely milkshake for me!!xxxxxx

Aw well done corrinne!!!

I have been so good in the days and then failing at night! Mum made me a yummy cake that I finished off last night with ice cream thinking its got to go! Well its gone now so today is another day, I cant beliebe how unmotivated I am, I am back to writting everything down, done it before so I can do it again! Going to walk my pooch later for an hour but I really need to up my exercise, so far lost 0 pounds, my fault!!!

Well done girl!xx

thanks twinkles,
its prob coming off so quick because of the amount i was stuffing before!!

xxx

this thread is a nice idea, i have started back on Asda's own slimming shakes and hopefully i can drop back down to a size 10. I Lost 2 stone before on this but omg i am going to be hungry as i have lived off takeaways since i have been off sick i think i cooked about 2 times!

Corrinne thats a FAB start, keep it up and resist the call of the biscuit tin! Good luck lynette with your new plan. I have a small but long term goal to get fit and drop half a stone for the wedding but can't go on any kind of diet til we've runt eh half marathon, need the carbs for fuel (well thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it!), Wed did 3 miles at 6.30 am this morning urgh!!!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back