Getting Hair dyed

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Bugsy, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy Active Member

So I don't know what to do and the internet is giving me conflicting information.

I get my hair dyed every 6-8 weeks at a salon. It's a colour gloss not a permanent colour (wouldn't cover grey) and it's very good for your hair. It's a conditioning crème.

But now I'm pregnant (12 weeks on Saturday) I'm worried I should stop. All the baby books / sites I have read it says ideally don't but it's up to you?

If it will harm baby I don't want to do it - but nothing says it does?

Anyone got any experience / expertise is this area?

2. Flot1984

Flot1984 Well-Known Member

Tri hopping but I still get my hair hi-lighted every 10 weeks (I'm 25 weeks) and did throughout my first pregnancy as well. I think the risk is minimal, especially as you aren't using permenant/bleach type colourants.
    xxx

3. Bugsy

Bugsy Active Member

Thanks for Tri hopping Flot1984 :)

I think it should be fine - but just starting to worry about everything little thing!

4. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't personally, but I barely used deodorant/body lotion/bath products for the first 3/4 months either!

5. Clare80

Clare80 Well-Known Member

Midwives say fine, Internet says fine. Hairdressers say fine. Just make sure room is well ventilated - that's more to do with the smell making you feel sick though.

6. andreatav

andreatav Well-Known Member

My hairdresser says it's fine, and I used to work at a hair and beauty suppliers and we always said it's fine to colour just not bleach! :)