Getting baby to drink from training cup

xkikix

Reaction score
Now Chester is having a bit of food I offer him very very very diluted juice at meal times, and i'd like him to take it from a training cup (I think thats what they are called) but i've tried a few different ones and he doesnt seem to like any of them. We got this tommee tippee one free with the steriliser but even I find that confusing! You have to sort of bite the end to get the juice out... so he didnt like that one! I've tried numerous other ones with soft rubber like teats but so far no good!

Is he too young for this type of cup?

and if not, can you reccommend a good one for us to try?

In case it helps he has milk in a TT CTN bottle.

Try a Doidy cup- they're angled towards mouth, have 2 handles and no spout! They're cheap too so nothing lost (apart from a few quid!) if it doesn't work out. Not clever enough to add alink but easy to find on the internet- I'm sure they are sold in Mothercare too.

I have the same proble. I even struggle to get her to drink out of a bottle. The less diluted it is the more she'll try.

doidy cup!!!!! messy but he loves it !!!! also the cow cup and the basic cup from tt ( bout 1.60 or something )

ive tried so many as leland has no suck action all the non spill ones were rubbish !

We've got the tommee tippee one and he does pour water all over himself but he is getting the hang of it. He gets all excited when he sees it now :D

I have about 6 in the cupboard but im currently using this one.........

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0011FCS0I

and he seems to be ok with it but sometimes i end up squeezing the spout so he actually drinks some lol. I think ill just persist with it, hes gotta get used to it sooner or later... i hope!

Ella uses the TT one - The one where you have to chew and suck at the same time - And is fine most of the time. However, when we first offered her water out of a TT CTN bottle, she wouldn't take it unless it was warm (I guess because she was used to warm milk) But since weaning and trying foods at different temperatures she's fine with it. We used to try and give her juice but she wasn't interested so we only offer water now.

We've got the cow cup from Bee's link which I use without the non-spill valve as he found it too hard to get anything out of with that in. He has that for milk, then the Avent magic cup spout for water & juice.

We got a doidy too but he never really got on with it, the handles are really small & just confused him!

We have loads, TT one where you have to chew and suck the spout and Ella seems to prefer that one, TT one in the links above, she can't get the hang of that one and just pours it everywhere, an AK one that is ok and has different valves with it and a Doidy cup which she totally can't use! Every baby is different so I think it depends on which they prefer (at least they are fairly cheap to buy and try)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back