Leaky drinking cups

Cupcake

Reaction score
Can anybody reccommend a drinking cup with a spout (ie. one of the non-spill ones) that doesn't leak when you're out and about.

My DD is 16months old and I've tried the Tommee Tippee ones with the yellow spout, Boot's own one, the Avent magic cup and another one from Waitrose with cartoon pics on the sides. They all seem to leak and I'm fed up of finding the contents of my handbag soaking wet!

Thanks x

can i just say the same!! the avent magic cup especially always a puddle when we go out now i actually take lukes milk in a bottle cos i'm fed up of leaks! i also just got a tesco own cup with the straw you bite and suck and it also leaks blooming cups i have not found 1 decent one yet and god knows i think i have tried the majority of them!! :wall:

Hmm, I'm surprised you've has a bad time with the Avent cups - we have three and they've all been fine but then I've never carried them in my handbag!

That's not very helpful for you though :oops:

the health visitor at the postnatal group ive been going to said to avoid all the non spill type cups completely since the valve is effectively making the cup a glorified bottle.

Sorry that's not particularly helpful with regards to your handbag! How about putting drinks in a bottle and pouring just enough into the cup when needed? I'm sure that's just extra to carry around and I'll not be saying that when James is old enough though :?

Alternatively treat yourself to a new handbag every week!!! :rotfl:

we have about 4 of the Avent cups for when were out and about as they have always been great and never spill, I chuck it in Orans Thomas bag and never had a problem with leaking yet!

Are you pulling the spout in properly after you have washed it, sometimes If I dont it will leak then and I have to readjust it!

jennywren said:
we have about 4 of the Avent cups for when were out and about as they have always been great and never spill, I chuck it in Orans Thomas bag and never had a problem with leaking yet!

Are you pulling the spout in properly after you have washed it, sometimes If I dont it will leak then and I have to readjust it!

i'm using the magic cup with the teat still for his milk, but the leak comes from around the base of the lid where it screws to the cup and not the spout! i think i am just really unlucky with cups!! we do put it in the microwave to warm the milk through do you think that would effect the seal?

A COW CUP, they are fantastic, non spill, gorgeous cow print and they are in asda and tescos and have a low carbon footprint! Irecommed them as ive had no problems with them and have loads on my cupboard for both my kids!

rusks said:
jennywren said:

i'm using the magic cup with the teat still for his milk, but the leak comes from around the base of the lid where it screws to the cup and not the spout! i think i am just really unlucky with cups!! we do put it in the microwave to warm the milk through do you think that would effect the seal?

possibly could have done :think: I have noticed though that if I don't line it up right (or fill it to full) when Im screwing the top on it will leake so I just screw it on carfull, then extra tight and give it a shake of the sink to make sure it won't leak!

ooo have you tried them tommy Tippe / asda ''big kid'' cups?? There like big tall beaker ones (no handles) have a flip over lid, wonder if they leak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back