Getting bab to sleep without breast!

loz

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same position as me - winding down the breastfeeding but finding it really hard to get bab to sleep. Emms has been ill this week so I have BF more and it is so easy to get her to sleep at the breast! She is normally on bottles during the day and BF evening and 1st thing in the morning. In the day she does not want to settle for naps and the only way I've got her to sleep is in the buggy or car. Has anyone got any tips to help a baby who uses the nip as a dummy :shock: :lol:

connor feeds to sleep - which is fine for me, but a bit difficult when someone else is looking after him. the latter doesn't happen very often so its not something i feel the need to address particularly.

but the one thing that does always work for me, or anyone else, is slinging him. during the day i sling him on my back and just get on with whatever i'm doing. and at night i'll sling him on my front so that i can take him off easily and put him down still sleeping.

:)

purple13 said:
connor feeds to sleep - which is fine for me, but a bit difficult when someone else is looking after him. the latter doesn't happen very often so its not something i feel the need to address particularly.

but the one thing that does always work for me, or anyone else, is slinging him. during the day i sling him on my back and just get on with whatever i'm doing. and at night i'll sling him on my front so that i can take him off easily and put him down still sleeping.

:)

That sounds great but Emms is so squirmy and heavy I cant imagine strapping her on my back! She has never liked to be confined. Does he just go to sleep when you do that or does he cry for a while?

he might whinge a little bit, but usually he just goes to sleep - he won't stay still in my arms, or anywhere else for that matter LOL. he weighs just over 20lbs now and doesn't feel like any weight to carry at all, particularly on my back. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back