Getting a bit worried

JoS

Reaction score
I'm 36 weeks and at my last midwife appointment my baby was still head up, I think its moved since then as is now transverse as I feel kicking next to my belly button!
I'm seeing my midwife again on Tuesday but I'm starting to get a bit worried that it hasn't turned.

Does anyone know if I still have time/room for it to turn naturally?
and what do you think about them trying to turn baby? The thought of it makes me anxious as its just not natural and I'm worried that baby might get distressed.

Also what do you think are the chances of me having to have a c-section?
I really don't want but I know if its what I have to do to have a healthy baby then I've no choice.
I'm resisting the urge to google at the moment so any advice would be great!

I had absolutely no idea which way my baby was lying until thursday. I was worried they were facing the wrong way because all of the movement I feel is really high up, above my belly button mostly.

I was therefore shocked to hear that the baby is a tiny bit engaged and head down like it is supposed to be. You might be surprised hun. Can you feel the baby's bum at the top? I now know that the hard thing I can feel is the bum.

At my birthing workshop i was told the best way to turn them is to be on yoru hands and knees, tilt your pelvis backward (imagine your sticking your ass out to attention) rock back and forth on your hands and knees... imagine a pencil in your belly button and draw large circles on teh floor underneath you, dont spend any time on your back at all. Try those and hopefully they will help your lil one do a flip! x

I was told by my consultant that if baby was breech at 36 weeks I'd get a date for a c section although your LO still may turn :)

Thanks ladies!
I got hubby to have a good prod last night and he said he can feel its feet to the left of my belly button and then the spine underneath running downwards, so maybe it is head down afterall!
Got my midwife appt tomorrow so will see what she says, but feeling loads better about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back