A bit worried - Any Advice?

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm a bit worried and wondered if anyone could advise me.

I know i only have myself to blame for this and i feel horrendously guilty now but here we go:

We moved house on Friday and for 3 days previous to it i was packing boxes and shifting boxes till about 2am each morning and on the move day its self was shifting boxes etc. Every night my back was agony but i just thought that LO would be fine and i'd just overdone it a bit for myself and my back.

But one time during friday i had a really bad pain in my tummy which moving a box out of my way and it worrried me i then started to think about the previous days and thought that my LO seemed to have been really subdued and not moving much over the whole period of the move. i didn't know if it was just that my warn out body was passing onto my baby making it tired and subdued too. But now I'm really worried i've damaged the placenta or something terrible like that and that its going to cause brain damage or malnutrition or all kinds of other things and my worry is freaking me out a little. As this is how some still born situations come about. I've used my doppler but that can only confirm that my LO's heart is still beating ok, but what if i have damaged the placenta? How do i know if its harming my baby right now as i'm writing, it could be slowely harming my baby or starving it of the things it needs.

I haven't had any bleeding or any further pain or anything but is there anyway of telling if i have done any damage?

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My next midwife appointments isn't for 3 weeks and i don't want them to think i'm neoritc but on the othere hand i'd never forgive myself if there was something wrong and i never pushed to get it checked out in time! Do i sound like i'm over reacting and really everything is fine?!??

What do you ladies think?

LMP x

If you are worried you should call your midwife and let her know what has been happening.
Id imagine they would ask you in just for a check

x

My MW told me lifting and carrying stuff when we moved was ok within reason and that it was not going to affect the baby at all. What she was concerned about was it would do me an injury. She said LO would be fine in there. FWIW I'm still lifting and carrying things to this day. I don't worry overly. And again my MW said it will be myself I injure (putting my back out or something) doing all that, not the baby. LO is well cushoined in there she says. I was even down on my knees gardening at the weekend, digging putting plants in and weeding, carting stuff round.

The sharp pain you had may have been a ligament pain (stretching pain) or you may have pulled a muscle.

Also our bodies movement often sends LO's off to sleep so them being quiet when you are active is not always to be seen as a bad thing. I find my LO more lively when I am still. When I am walking, moving, bending over, stretching etc, LO is peaceful. I never consider it that the baby is subdued then. Just resting and comfy with my movements.

Also you may be feeling a bit less movement now as LO is running out of room and cannot flip about so freely. Babies do change their activity pattern in the womb as pregnancy progresses. I remember a big drop off in activity around 28-30 weeks and the kicks became more wriggles and squirms.

If you are really concerned then of course give your MW a call to discuss :) but if the heartbeat is fine and you are getting regular movements, no bleeding etc, I'd not get yourself into too much of a tiswas or beat yourself up about it. Our bodies are designed to cope with a lot when pregnant :) FWIW you can pick up the placenta on the doppler and hear it. It might take a little while to find if you don't know where its lying, but I was able to hear my placenta, LO's heartbeat and my own heartbeat when I used to use it.

If its worrying you mention it to the midwife, thats what they're there for and mine was lovely when i mentioned her movements were much less frequent, turned out she'd simply flipped her self around so rather then being head down she was breach and her hands and feet were kicking my placenta so i coudlnt feel it.

Lifting stuff is ok and i think its only likely to hurt you, i carried my bed up 2 flights of stairs alone last week, it was hard and i knew i shoudlnt have done it, but it needed doing and i managed it. I was in agony the next day, hurt my arms lifting, but my back was ok. I also got a shock when i went to flush the toilet and it was full of blood, i went all cold and came so scared, turned out my friend had had a nose bleed in the toilet nad not flushed!!!

:hug: im sure baby is fine, but theres no point you worrying when you can ring midwife and know for sure baby is ok.

Hi LMP,

I posted this week about liitle one not moving as much and being very quite and I got very panicky and starterd imagining the worse. By chance I had my anti d jab at the hospital anti natel clinic and mentioned it them so they put me on a monitor and everything is fine with bubs. He was kicking like mad but I wasnt feeling harfdly any of them. I have know had more active days and then quiet ones again. I think it must be the time of our pregnancy coz since posting several people round our stage have said they have had the same.

In terms of the pain, I have been doing quite a bit around the house as I am so restless at the moment and I have been getting sharp pains, I think it is our bodies way of sayin take it easy.

If you are worried though speak to your midwife, they wont think you are being daft :D

I was going to move into a flat I was offered when I was having my son. This meant moving from my moms and living on my own. The thought of it stressed me a lot, and Tyler stopped moving. I called labour ward enquiries....They were very happy to come in and monitor me. Low and behold, when they strapped on the monitor and gave me some water...He started jumping around like a monkey. So, it would not hurt to give your unit a call and talk to someone.

Try not to worry too much hun, i've had a couple of similar scares
over the weeks and popped off to the hospital for a CTG trace, both
times all was fine and he started dancing as soon as i got there!
When i go a bit mad on doing heavy stuff he goes all quiet, i think it lulls
them off to sleep :sleep:
If you have any concerns at all though contact your midwife or hospital
in my experience they absolutely don't mind at all and it puts your mind
immediately at ease to have a trace on for half an hour.
Hope it helps, there's nothing worse than sitting getting more and more worried :hug:

Hi everyone :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks for all the posts!! Well after i posted the midwife called with my GTT results (which were all fine btw :cheer: ) and i mentioned my concerns to here. She didn't seem to worried about the tummy pain or the placenta worries i had which was reassuring but she was concerned about the lack of movement.

She asked when i had last felt baby move which was first thing this morning (spoke to midwife around 1.30pm) and she seemed shocked and concerned that i hadn't felt anything the whole time i was at work 8.30- 1.30pm so i was a little taken aback by her shock she said i think you should come in to be monitored so i headed straight over... i wasn't so worried about the movements until i heard the shock in her voice :shock:

So anyway I headed down to the PAU and after an initial scare (took ages to find the heartbeat so i was panicking) i now know bubba is fine. They picked the heartbeat up but there was no movement so they gave me a sugary drink and low and behold mike tyson emerged and my belly started jumping around no end :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I feel a lot better now so thank you everyone for the advice

LMP x

PS pregnancy has a great ability to make you feel like a neurotic weirdo doesn't it :wall: :wall: :roll:

Glad all is ok, and sorry you had a scare :hug:

I had one a couple of weekends ago, they are horrible.

I agree 100% with the neurosis theory :lol: We are all mentalists! :rotfl:

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back