• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gestational diabetes

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what the symptoms were?

I did wonder whether i had it with James but they never tested me for it but because he was so big I think they probably will this time.

I have my appointment next week for all the blood tests etc so may ask for a test to be done then. Do you tend to get it straight away or does it come on more in the later tri's?

If there is no glucose present in your urine does that mean that you definitely dont have it?

Thanks ladies
:hug:

hey hun#

they wont test until much later. I think its about 27 weeks as it doesnt usually develop until then if you're going to get it. Prescence or abscence of of glucose isnt an indication whether or not you'll have or not have it but you usually have glucose in your wee if you have got it but not always so I was told xxxx

:rotfl: :rotfl: just re-read my reply. Sorry hun, if you can make ANY sense of that...Ive just got up :rotfl:

I had glucose in my urine at my booking in appt at 14w so was sent for a glucose tolerance test at 15w and was then diagnosed with gestational diabetes but I guess it varies from person to person and hospital to hospital.

Sarah xxx

Hi Jen :D

I did have GD and to be honest there were no symptoms, well apart from tiredness, but I think that was just the pregnancy itself. I did also crave lots of sweet things, but then again, when don't I :wink:

Try not to worry hun and keep us updated :hug:

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:
ive got two grandmothers with diabetes, so i am automatically tested. Its 28 weeks here.

Also, i have a bmi that is the upper end of 'normal'. that prompted them to test last time as well. not sure about this time, they didn't work it out. :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back