gender scan

sw38

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello.

Im new to this forum so still finding my way around. Im almost 22 weeks pregnant due 26th feb. This is my 3rd baby.

Quick question to those who have had children before. Have you ever found out sex of baby at scan n it was wrong at the birth. I found out last week i was having a boy (didnt find out in previous 2 pregnancies) n now im getting worried that maybe the sonographer got it wrong. Has tis happened to anyone here?

Congratulations to everyone on there pregnancies

I found out the sex of all 3 of my kids and they were all right. I intend to find out with this one too and hopefully it will be right again :D

i found out with 3 of my children and they were all right, found out this time too and they said girl :)

Hello & welcome :hug: Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

I found out the sex with my first and it was right and have also found out with this one xx

My first baby and i don't know what i'm having so i am no first hand help to you :?

But I have heard stories too of people finding out the sex then it being wrong but i think it's a rare occurance to be honest. I'd feel fairly confident they were right as they know what they're looking for but as with everyhting i guess there is always that tiny chance otherwise!

Hi,
This happened to me 9 years ago when i was pregnant with my son, at my 20 week scan i was told it's a girl only to find out it's a boy when i gave birth, he was dressed in pink for the first 12 hours while my mum went and swapped all the pink stuff for blue stuff!!! I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant with another "girl" so only time will tell if i produce boys with small willys!!! I've never heard of this happening to anyone else but me in the past nine years so it must be a rare occurance.

Love Lisa xxx

I found out first time and they got it right. They have told me that im having another boy this time round..

The only person I have heard they got it wrong is Squiglet.. I think (and dont quote me cos it was a while ago and i have had a baby since then) that she was told at a scan it was a boy, then at a later scan she was told it was a girl....!!!

I will PM her and show this thread and she can confirm cos I aint sure of all the facts and i would hate to misinform!

But i do think it is quite rare...
:hug:

found out with my 1st 2 and they were right, cant wait to find out again with this one :hug:

Didn't find out with my 1st or 2nd but did with my 3rd. When they showed me on screen I could see that she obviously was a girl before they even said it. But I didn't have that scan till 23 weeks so was prob clearer than it would have been earlier.

I have my scan for this baby on Wednesday and am so excited to find out what we are having, esp cos we have 3 girls already.

I have never known anybody firsthand that it has happened to, although I know there is always 'a friend of a friend!' Everyone I know who has found out has been right.

Congratulations on your pregnancy ! :D

we found out the sex and it is our first so we don't know if they are right !! :lol:

To be on the safe side though, we're not telling anyone, it will be our little secret till the end... there is another reason of course - we want it to be a surprise ...

It happened to someone I know as well, but it's quite a rare occurence... I am going to buy some blue clothes though as it's something I've been looking forward to since the beginning of my pregnancy.... i can't resist !!! :cheer:

thanx guys .. im a little reassured now lol. its just that i have 2 girls was kinda expecting another girl so when i was told boy .. i was like in disbelief for a while. I am so chuffed and excited and scared at the same time. I feel like i shouldnt be allowing myself to get excited just in case ... do i sound stupid? We have decided not to tell anyone n let it be a surprise for everyone (lets hope its not a surprise on us lol) ... my mum was with me at the scan so shes the only one that does know. Gonna not get too much blue just in case, but finding it so hard to resist as ive bought pink n creams n whites n yellows past two pregnancies - always wanted to buy blue!

Thanks for all those replies, it has made me feel better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back