Gender scan

lisa282

Reaction score
Since finding out my hospital does not tell you the sex of your baby these days, I've been pretty gutted and thinking lots about a private scan. We wanted to get a 4d one, but these can't be done untill after 22 weeks, so after much thought, we have gone ahead and booked a normal private scan just for the purpose of finding out the sex. The best bit is that they will do it anytime after 16 weeks, which I will be on Sunday, so have booked it for the following week on March 20th when I'll be 17+4 so I don't have to wait too long for it!! Yay!! :cheer: I'm sooo excited, I can't tell you, just hope baby decides to co-operate, but of there's any problems we get a free rescan to try again so it's all good.

We've decided that if all goes well and we like the place, we will still go back and have the 4d scan at a later date as a treat, and also to confirm the sex once again. So it's for their own benefit that they give us a good experience!

So hopefully I will know pink or blue before the end of the month, and then have my regular 20 week scan on 1st April - plenty to look forward to. OOh, I'm so impatient, I just can't wait! Anybody else desperate to know? x

I really want to know too!

What do you mean, the hospital won't tell us? ???

How much do the private scans cost?

Dawn

The policy at our local hospital is not to tell ladies the sex of their babies, so we have had no choice but to go private for it. Not every hospital is like this, you would have to check what the policy is in your area. It's costing us £75, which is quite expensive, I know, but I just need to know! I think it's a small price to pay for finding out, I know I won't rest until they tell me what flavour it is. We did find cheaper ones, at £50, but they won't do it until after the hospital 20 week scan, and I just didn't want to wait that long! Luckily it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago so I got everybody to either give me money or gift vouchers towards the scan so it hasn't actually cost us that much after all.

has one with Eefie, was a fantastic experience we could watch over and over. I editted the dvd I got to do my own, lost some quality in the process so you can imagine how good the original was :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJrZJxohiOQ

He was 18 weeks on this one :)

Are you going with baby scanning? See link:
http://www.babyscanning.co.uk/

Maybe not because of your location?

However, if you are, you should check if they would do the gender scanning as part of a 4D scanning package.
We didn't want to wait to find out sex either (they don't tell you in Aberdeen either :( ).
I mentioned that we wanted to know the gender sooner but wanted to wait till baby was further along for 4D pics, the lady said that they do a gender/4D package which was £190 in total (the gender scan was £75 on it's own and the 4D was £190 which meant that we got the gender one for free!). We are going back when I am 27 weeks for 4D but had gender scan at 22 weeks which was great as we get to see LO a further 2 times instead of 1.

They might not do it where you are going but thought I would let you know of my experience.

Hope it goes well for you :D

I've booked a gender scan the same day as you!! I'll be 17+6. Our local hospital does tell us but I won't be having a scan with them until 22 weeks so can't wait that long :lol: .

Ooh Hazel, how exciting, we both get to find out together! What time is your appointment? Mine is at 1.30pm so got to wait all morning..boo! Can't wait though.

We did enquire about having the gender scan as part of a 4d package and they will do it from as little as £110 but not until after 22 weeks and I just didn't want to wait that long to be honest. Hoping to still have a 4d scan at a later date when we will get a better picture, probably during May sometime. We are going with a company called Babybond, they are the nearest ones to us here. There is a babyvision locally as well, which is slightly cheaper, but a bit further away so we went with the closest one just for convenience really.

Can't wait!! :cheer:

Mine is at 1.45pm. My husband is gutted though as he starts a new job that week and doesn't think it would be a good idea to ask for time off so my mum is coming with me instead. She's excited as she's never seen a scan before. I've had a couple of private scans already (bleeding etc for reassurance) and they are sooooo much better and clearer than nhs. I'm just hoping baby is in a good position. We are paying £60 for ours and will get a dvd of the actual scan with that also. I did want a 4d scan when we found out I was pregnant but now I'm thinking I wouldn't mind the surprise of what s/he will look like.

Aw id love to have a 4D scan!
Wouldnt be able to afford it though

Im glad i found out the sex
Dont think i would have liked not knowing

We are going to find out the sex of our baby next on the 20th march, if he/she isn't shy.

But we are also looking into a 4d scan at around 30 weeks, my mum and dad want to see lil one on a big screen and experiance it so they have offered to pay for the whole package, which is really good of them.

MissSara said:
We are going to find out the sex of our baby next on the 20th march, if he/she isn't shy.

Another one on the 20th of March!!! What time is yours?

Got to be at hospital at 2.45pm ( bad time its visiting hours and you can't get parked at all) we will be going 2hours earlier and having a walk round town i think.

I am impatient too! If baby is shy and doesn't open its legs for the sonographer, I think I will book a private scan because I just can't wait!!

I'm terrible for patience when it comes to something I CAN know, making the decision NOT to... If that makes sense! xx

At my 20 week scan the sonographer said she 'thought' it looked like a girl. Which was good, and we did buy pink things, bu our 4D scan confirmed it which was FANTASTIC and definately worth it!
I'm SO impatien! I am SO glad to know what i'm having. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back