Gallbladder Trouble.

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi gang -

Anyone here suffer from gallbladder trouble? I was diagnosed with a slow gallbladder a couple of years back - I get indigestion a lot and my side hurts when I have a fatty meal or a lot of icecream.

I don't have stones, just something called "sludge". My Dad had his gallbladder removed in his 50s and the doctor recommended intermittent gallbladder flushes before.

Flushes are nasty and not recommended while pregnant. I have been having crampy pain in the gallbladder area over the last couple of days though. I was wondering if anyone else has this and what the implications are in pregnancy?

Sue

Not sure if its any help to you situation, but i had mine removed last year in june / july. Im not sure if it is linked, but ive found the sickness to be hideous this time around (but then that could be because this one is a little lad :wink: :lol: !!). im still suffering with sickness.

Every so often they would find stones in scans, but when they removed my gall bladder, the stones where more like sand. They said its was most prob worse as it would be like sand paper rubbing against my tubes.

If 'flushes' are anything like 'blasting them' i was told they no longer offer that as a standard form of treatment in my hospital anymore. :think:

Took 10 trips to A&E over 6 months for them to pull their finger out and help me though :wall: . i lived on boiled rice and chicken.

Thanks Sam&Alice,

I haven't got pain that's very bad. The flush recommended by the doctor is - drink a litre of apple juice every day for 5 days.
On the 6th day skip dinner, and drink a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and epsom salts. Apparently you will have passed any stones in your system painlessly over night.

I tried a flush and couldn't stomach the last bit (no wonder they ask you to skip dinner). However I found that the apple juice alone worked wonders (except when I drank the whole litre in an hour one night and was awake all night with horrific bowel pain).

You can see why I wouldn't attempt that while pregnant - but hoping someone on here can tell me that my symptoms are unlikely to get much worse before the end of the pregnancy if I don't actually have stones...

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back