Taking Clomid while pregnant.

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi Gang -

I'm a little worried today. Due to the fact that I thought I had a period last month - but it was about 50% lighter, my doc thought it might have been an implantation bleed and so I may be 8 weeks instead of just 4. Trouble is, I took my prescribed 5 day dose of clomid 50mg from days 3 to 7 of that cycle. NOW I'm reading that taking clomid while pregnant can cause birth defects like blindness or spina bifida.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have to arrange a dating scan but now I suspect that the doctor told me to arrange this because she's worried that I took clomid while pg.

Sue

From what I've just read it says there is no real risk. But then it didn't say if that was before or after conceiving.

TBH even if you are 8 weeks along a scan isn't going to show much re birth defects as far as I am aware so I can't imagine that's why your GP has booked it.

I think even if there are possible risks with taking the drug, they are minimal, so please try not to worry overly.

If you are really worried go discuss with your GP might be the best thing.

Yeah - we got onto the GP again and she said she didn't expect that the clinic would do anything until I was at least 8 weeks anyway.

A little less worried now, thanks.

Scuse me I have to go attend to a screaming toddler.

BEDTIME is a full sentence. :roll:

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back