Taking Clomid while pregnant.

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Tiny Sue, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Hi Gang -

I'm a little worried today. Due to the fact that I thought I had a period last month - but it was about 50% lighter, my doc thought it might have been an implantation bleed and so I may be 8 weeks instead of just 4. Trouble is, I took my prescribed 5 day dose of clomid 50mg from days 3 to 7 of that cycle. NOW I'm reading that taking clomid while pregnant can cause birth defects like blindness or spina bifida.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have to arrange a dating scan but now I suspect that the doctor told me to arrange this because she's worried that I took clomid while pg.

Sue

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

From what I've just read it says there is no real risk. But then it didn't say if that was before or after conceiving.

TBH even if you are 8 weeks along a scan isn't going to show much re birth defects as far as I am aware so I can't imagine that's why your GP has booked it.

I think even if there are possible risks with taking the drug, they are minimal, so please try not to worry overly.

If you are really worried go discuss with your GP might be the best thing.

3. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Yeah - we got onto the GP again and she said she didn't expect that the clinic would do anything until I was at least 8 weeks anyway.

A little less worried now, thanks.

Scuse me I have to go attend to a screaming toddler.

BEDTIME is a full sentence. :roll:

Sue