Gaelic girls names

oh im not to sure olive it does sound a bit like it doesnt it x

I childminded 2 sisters called Ailish (eye-leesh) & Niamh, Ailish's name was shortened to Lily?! No idea why lol I love Niamh too x

how about Aibhlinn it means longed for child x

That sounds in my head like evelyn...

ok looked it up - ave-leen.

I like the meaning :) xxx

I think my faves are Isla and Ayla atm. It's hard thinking of names isn't it? There's too many!

xx

Love love love the name Isla. A friend named her little girl Isla Grace and thought it was beautiful. Aoife is also a really pretty name and I think more original.

Out of the many I like the name Tamsin and Karenza, they have lovely meanings unlike my name. Apparently it means Hill hahahaha

Does Ruadhan count, it's Irish. Pronounced Rowan but it's a girls name. I love it.

xx

My brother had a gf called Rowan once so that's out lol ;) I didn't know that that's how you spell it. I think she was Welsh.

Someone I once worked with called her daughter Isla Grace. Love it! My neighbours with the Niamh named her Niamh Grace so I think Grace is out for us. Lovely name though.

xx

My hubbys little girl is called Aibhlyn, is the Gaelic version of Evelyn, pronounced Ayv-lin, we're calling our little bump Mhairi, pronounced Vah-ree.
There's also all the ones below, we looked at them, we like Ailsa but we have an eagle called that already!

Ailsa,
Anwen,
Aoife (eff-a),
Argante (are-gan-ti),
Bethan,
Branwen,
Bronte,
Caera (care-a),
Caitlyn,
Caitriona,
Camryn,
Cara,
Ciara,
Cora,
Crystyn,
Dacie,
Dana,
Eilidh, (ay-lee)
Enora,
Fenella,
Ffion,
Ffyona,
Imogen,
Iseabeal, (ish-bell)
Ivori,
Ilsa, (i-la)
Iona,
Kacee (kay-see)
Kady (kay-dee)
Keera,
Kiera,
Kendra,
Kyla,
Kaila,
Mairead,
Maiwen,
Marsali,
Moya,
Neamh, (neev)
Nola,
Nuala, (noo-la)
Oona,
Roisin, (rosh-een)
Ryanne,
Shona,
Tamsin,
Teagan,
Ula,

Sorry for the long post!

Oh Tundra I love the version of Evelyn!!

Olive, yes Grace is very popular so I personally wouldn't use it either but it is alovely name. Can't wait to hear what you decide. Hopefully you will win and get Ava, pretty sure Hubby will grant your wish once he's over come with emotion after seeing what you created. xxx

Lol, just looked at that post and realised how long it is! oops! Have you thought of Gaelic boys names as well? We thought of Aonghus (angus) and Lachlan or Lochlan, theres a few more as well, hubbys little boy is called Ruaridh (ru-ry)

The name Fiona is actually on my list because i love it but hubby isn't sure because of Shrek :roll:

I like the Arthurian/Celtic names too....Isolde, Maeve (altho can't get Maeve the Fairy from Will O' the Wisp out of my head lol), Morganna etc

I love the name Fiona too! Not too popular which is always a bonus :) x

Thanks ladies. Tundra mucho thanks for list :)

For the Fiona lovers, a good one is Fia

xx

I'm Eilish! Pronounced A-lish. I love my name and if I wasn't Eilish I would have called my little girl Grace it! I really wanted Aoife but oh wouldn't have it. Maybe for the next one lol ;) x

Oh I like a few there :)
We've had a new addition to the family called Isla-Grace, we have a Fiona too and a Ula.

There are so many names to chose from its hard but the right one will come to you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back