Funny Feeling - Not Sure????

JustJen

Reaction score
Hi, Im 37+ weeks and have been having a bit of a day today. All day ive had this weird feeling down below - not painful but just aware. Ive also been experiencing wot I can only describe as mild period pains pretty much most of the day. I keep on taking myself off to the toilet to check myself and have no sign of a show. Although this is my 4th pregnancy, i cannot recall feeling like this. Two of my pregnancies I was started off and the other my waters broke and then I went into labour.

Do you think my body is just getting ready for labour or do you think its imminent. Anyone else experienced this???? I dont no whether paranoia is setting in. My braxton hicks contractions have been more hard of late - not painful just more regular tightenings. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have been getting period pains too........I think I am putting mine down to baby's head burrowing further into pelvis......with it being a subsequent pg you are more likely to deliver earlier than if it were your first, wouldn't do any harm to double check your bags just in case? :pray: :hug:

I've been having this too.

My M/W said that it's as Em said prob to do wit the lo burrowing down further into position before it gets ready to make an appearance :)

Hi

Sounds like it could be your time fairly soon as Emmylou said usually the more pregnancies babies can come earlier. Good luck
Katrina

Hi,

I'm on my 4th baby too, and this one seems so different to the last 3. I am getting absolutely loads of braxton hicks, and I didn't get any at all with dd and ds1, and only got a few right at the end with ds2.

I almost had the BH constantly this afternoon. I think I am rushing around too much. When I do the school/pre-school run in the afternoon I am usually on my feet from 2.45pm till we have tea at around 5.45pm, and don't stop. It is getting really tiring, and my bump feels enormously heavy at these times already, and I have still got 11-12 weeks to go!!

I hope for your sake that this is the start of something for you. I don't know about you, but this 4th pregnancy is flying by.

I know I've not been much help, but thought I would reply as I am on no.4 too. Good luck.

Heather x

ive been having the same for just over a week now hun spoke to midwife today about it and she said its just body getting ready and can start happening weeks before you have the baby :D xxxxxxxxx

A big thanks for all your comments. I too am on my feet most of the day, trying to keep everything organised and clean just in case of an impromptu arrival or feeling worse in the coming week or so, thinking I wont have the energy then. Started to get a bit ratty with the kids this afternoon / evening, think im just super anxious. Just wish these feelings would either stop or start - its the not knowing thats driving me insane. Guess thats the thing with pregnancy - we can never tell when the baby will make an arrival. Think the Men In White Coats will be after me soon!!!! - :rotfl:

Had the most awful nite last nite with hardly any sleep. Went to bed with belly ache - not sure now if its period like pains or cos I have a really upset tummy. Couldnt get comfy at all - kept on waking up with wot I thought was indigestion - so decided to get up and have a warm milk. Hadnt even got down the stairs and I threw up everywhere. After cleaning up I decided to lay propped up on sofa and eventually fell asleep around 5. Woke up this morning still feeling sick and with an upset tummy plus I have haemarroids (sorry tmi) which are absolutely killing me. I have a personal doppler and checked that baby was OK.

Really having a rough time and I dont like it one bit. Gonna have a duvet day today. Hope this feeling dont last for much longer - feeling pretty miserable :(

:hug: :hug: :hug:

all sounds like things are moving forward to me.

get plenty rest and keep your fluids up

As cloud says, sounds like everything happening for you hun......keep your fluids up & snooze at every opportunity :hug: :hug:

sorry off the subject, do you know what you are having?

Just added you onto our April chicks thread so that we can keep up with your arrival :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back