Fundal Height measurement

Princess81

Reaction score
Hiya!
Can you remember what your fundal Height measurement was at your 25 week appointment? I am 25+1 and it measures at 26cm, which she said is big but not overly big :eh: anyone else got theirs for comparison? I don't want a giant :brat:

rofl u wont have a giant ur a skinny minny but then alice is a midget and her girls were bigish rofl!!!!!!! sorry im sure im not helping and no ive no measurements xxx

my mw never told me. she just said babys the perfect size, i wanna know now :-( x

should be in your notes hun, they wrote mine down in there anyway.
Mine is probably just tal because me and o/h are both tall. I just don't want a giant baby! eeep x

Last edited:
did she measure your bump with a tape measure? mine just felt my bump. starting to think shes not very good. yeah could be. me and oh are short so everyone reckons im gonna have a mini baby. i dont want a too small baby x

i can't remember what i measured at 25 weeks but at full term i only measured 36 weeks and had a 8lb 1 Oz baby Hun, its not very accurate at all x

should be in your notes hun, they wrote mine down in there anyway.
Mine is probably just tal because me and o/h are both tall. I just don't want a giant baby! eeep x

I was 57 cm's long at birth and looked like 4 bits of spaghetti with a knot in the middle lol. Our baby will have tall genes too, OH is 6ft 4 and my grandad was near on 7 foot :shock:.

did she measure your bump with a tape measure? mine just felt my bump. starting to think shes not very good. yeah could be. me and oh are short so everyone reckons im gonna have a mini baby. i dont want a too small baby x

Yeah she measured it with a tape, from my pubic bone (i think) to where she could feel my uterus. I'm wondering if it's that the placenta is low lying and pushing the baby up a bit?

Apparrently it works along with your weeks, so 24weeks should measure 24cm but 2cm either way in measurement is fine. So i guess 6 days difference (cm wise) is ok.

Mum didn't say if I was a long baby, but I was 2 weeks late and was still 6lb15 so only a dinky one. Suppose it will be the tall genes coming through, o/h's cousin is 6ft 7 and my o/h's sister is 5ft11 so we are all kinda tall x

I was always 3-4cm over so if I was 25wks I prob measured 28-29cm my babies where
So good sizes but not huge like my bump xxxx

ahhh, and you're both tall aren't you lanny? You'd think I'd have some sort of great bump to show off for all of this but people still look at me and say "oh, there's not much of a bump there is there"? :roll: it seems to be long, gradual bump rather than a sticky out one lol x

Mine was 26 which was a big suprise as my bump is massive!!!!!!!! xxx

Yea I'm 5'11 I get the sticky out bump, it's like a shelf lol

But I've had the same mw and she said I had loads of water as she could grab hold of arms legs etc she said when the baby is big it's that compact in there you can't feel much this was a little later on tho xxx

ahhh, and you're both tall aren't you lanny? You'd think I'd have some sort of great bump to show off for all of this but people still look at me and say "oh, there's not much of a bump there is there"? :roll: it seems to be long, gradual bump rather than a sticky out one lol x

Don't worry, it will get huuuuuuuuggggggee before you know it! Lol!

I was pretty much bang on with the fundal measurements all the way through pregnancy and eva was 8lb 7oz but quite tall at birth - 52 cms.my bump was fairly smallish till the end when it stuck out so much I looked daft!

On the other hand, my friend who was pregnant with me, she was huge and above average with her bump, her boy was born at a titchy 7lb 4oz! And now my eva is so much bigger than her lad despite being 5 weeks younger! :roll:

Measurements are not to be taken at face value! :)

At my 25 week appointment I was 29cms! In fact from then on I measured either 4cms or 6cms bigger than my dates. I did have excess fluid and Jake was 9lbs 5ozs at birth!!
I wouldn't worry if it's 2cms either side. x

Thank you girls, you have made me feel so muchbetter about it :friends: I am obviously having a case of neuroticfirsttimemum-itis ;)

The funny thing was, it was a stand-in mw as my own is sick so before she saw my notes she had no idea how far on I was. So I was chatting to her about dopplers etc and she said "I don't know if we'll be able to hear a heart beat at your stage yet" then asked how far gone I was and nearly fell off her chair when I said 25 weeks :lol: x

I was measuring 34cm at 31 weeks when I was last measured! Was outside of normal range on growth chart so was sent for an urgent growth scan, she wasnt taking any risks given my last pregnancy and I had developed acute Polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid). Turns out this time baby is fine but my AFI for my fluid is a touch above normal but nothing to worry about hopefully - baby not overly big either was measuring just over 4lbs at 31 weeks.

I think it because I only had a baby like 10 months ago so everything a bit slack :/

With my first I always measures spot on or 1cm over and I'm a dinky 5ft 2in! Grace was 8lb born so not tiny but by no means a giant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back