Fundal height measurement

Rósa

Reaction score
Apparently at 16 weeks I was 16 cm (how the midwife knew I have no idea as she didn't measure me, at my 24 week appointment wasn't measured again, So I was going to have a go at measuring myself, but haven't got a clue where to start and end the tape measure :lol: Any ideas please?

Not too sure to be honest hun, think if you did it yourself it would just be a guess! If its any help the midwife didn't measure my fundal height until I was 29 weeks. When do you see her again?

I see her agin next weeks , so will ask her. I was just curious lol

The meausrement is from the top of your pubic bone to the top of your uterus ( when lying down). So you need to feel for the top. Everyones meassurements are diferent, so you could get a different meassurements to yoir midwife.

I didn't start to get meassured until I was like 24 or 28 weeks pregnant. I am either too small or just about right. It's a load of rubbish o be honest.... Doesn't really tell you anything I.e people have been told they are small and have had a 7-8lb baby!

As a rough estimate, use your finger as 1cm and start from the top of the bone right up. Roughly, at 20weeks the top of your uterus should be around your belly button.

I didn't get measured until 34 weeks, it's not to estimate/measure weight/size of baby as the only way to do that is with a scan.

My SIL was told she hadn't grown between two appointments which threw her in to a blind panic she rushed off to hospital and another 2 MWs measured her and said she was spot on for the weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back