• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fruit Shoots

emilia said:
Dionne - it will be so hard to stop a sweet drink now, but can be done with some tears and tantrums.
Water will always be the best drink with the occassional sweeter drink. I can only imagine that the best thing to do (if you want) is to wean Dior off these drinks... starting with diluted fruit juice. Maybe diluted 3:1 and increasing the water every time.
EMilia xx

Dior will be fine, she will drink what evei give her so i no there will be no tears or tantrums, just didnt know what people class as a healthy drink? she will take water at night but i just think water all day and all night is abit unfair, the cartoon or apple juice i thought would have contained more sugar then squash? Dior has about half a oz of squash to 10 oz water any way which i didnt think was a problem.

she does still prefer her bottle though as i havnt found a good cup the tomee tipee ones are to hard she cant work out that she needs to bite the teat and suck the lil plastic cups are great but they are so small and last 2 mins.
but what is the difference if the juice is coming from a teat of a bottle or the teat of a beaker?

Sorry but I am avoiding giving Rebecca any form of juice for as long as possible. If she is thirsty I give her water. I'm horrible aint I? :lol:

K X said:
Sorry but I am avoiding giving Rebecca any form of juice for as long as possible. If she is thirsty I give her water. I'm horrible aint I? :lol:

Nope... sensible comes to mind! Yay... *pat on my back*... I'm not the only deranged juice hater on the forum!!! :dance: :dance:

Emilia xx

Yey.. Emilia the Hearts fans r a minority!!! :wink:

emilia said:
K X said:

Nope... sensible comes to mind! Yay... *pat on my back*... I'm not the only deranged juice hater on the forum!!! :dance: :dance:

Emilia xx

I'm another one, I drink lots of coke and it is so bad. My teeth aren't too bad but that is more luck i think. Seren is going to only have water or milk for as long as possible.

Abi hates juice so has water and milk guess i'm lucky :)

emilia said:
K X said:

Nope... sensible comes to mind! Emilia xx

owww well that must mean im not sensible :roll:

and no i see no difference what so ever between juice with beaker and bottle, the teat goes further down the back of Diors mouth then a beaker so avoids her teeth

My apologies Dionne - I didn't mean it to sound like that! I don't regard you as unsensible.... a little misguided perhaps (aren't we all), but deffinitely NOT unsensible.

Listen, don't worry about things too much. We all do what seems right for us at the time. I mean, gosh, I could be totally off track. Just ignore me, OK!

How did you get on with Dior at the docs? Did you get a result?

Accept my apologies? I've been most insensitive - was a stupid reply!!
1.gif

Emilia xx

Dionne,
Jess has this cup by tommee tippee, it has a flip up spout and is free flowing. It was the only one she could master and at times can be a bit messy if she fires it across the room but its not as bad as I thought it would be. She had difficulty mastering the anywayup cup and the tommee tippee bite and sook tops but loves this one.
She is also good with a straw.
You can get these cups in boots or woolies.
I dont think she sounds as if she is getting anything she shouldnt, its good she drinks a lot especially in this weather. Its good to drink water but I like to be able to be out and give jess a variation of drinks.
She isnt gettin any of my guiness though :talkhand:

no didnt go the docs there is a week waiting list to see my doc :shock:

but Harleys got his 8week check tomorrow and his jabs so im going to speak to HV then about her drinking so much. the one thing i do no i am doing wrong is letting her sleep with juice, tonight shes gone to bed with water and seems happy shes drinking it but moaning and pointing to it... i think its because its not purple lol

laura. iv just got a new cream sofa and the covers are not washable :x ohhh well Dior cant drink from the none spill ones so il just have to ban juice from my living room :lol: il look out for one of them beakers then x x

dionne said:
laura. iv just got a new cream sofa and the covers are not washable :x x x

why oh why :wall:

I couldnt get a cream sofa, ive cats, child and am accident prone.

That's a great start Dionne. I'm just thinking that perhaps Dior will even start drinking less now that she'll only get water. Sounds like she's quite ok with it. :clap:

Good luck with the HV... hope she can put your mind at rest!

Emilia xx

ps. did you know that even water stains them bleedin cream sofas?!! :doh: I've got two and everyone is banned from eating or drinking there - but Oscar has dribbled on it and marked it....arrggghhh!!! :shakehead:

lol already my sofa smells of mouldy milk, sick and wee lol dont help having a baby with reflux and a toddler that leaks through her nappy every hr got flooring rather then carpet which is a good thing though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back