Friends round made me sad

Miracle babe

Reaction score
Two of my friends popped round today (I work with them at the same school) and it was obvious from the conversation that they have been going out together loads. I feel really left out as I had nothing to talk about, they dont have kids so they dont really understand where I am coming from. I know they probably didn't ask me as they know how busy I am with the kids, dont think for a minute that its malicious or anything but it really made me feel crap especially when Rowan was crying all the time they were here and continued to do so all day :(
I almost feel like I dont have my own identity anymore, I'm wife and mother but there is very little of ME left. I know that sounds daft and I feel really guilty as I've been blessed with two wonderful children who I love so very much. I shouldn't feel this way :(

:hug: I think you are having a bad day hun with Rowan crying. That is testing at the best of times.

Maybe you should arrange a baby sitter (daddy?) and arrange a girly night out with them to give yourself a bit of ME time and let them know you are still available for going out. :hug:

I think you are probably right and its just a bad day. Problem is and this is going to sound so self pitying and its truly not, that I have severe arthritis and my evening meds really knock me out. I have to take them straight after Rowan goes down simply so they will have started to wear off by the next day and I can cope again. Its the only time I have a lessening of pain so evenings out are just not an option. Guess I've just got to suck it up and get on with it but thanks for the encouragement :hug:

Oh poor you :hug: Maybe a nice lunch out with the girls then?? Just so you can get some time to yourself.

Take care :hug:

Good idea, time I stopped feeling so darn sorry for myself. Self pity never got anyone anywhere. Will arrange lunch out :D
Thanks Tina :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back