• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Freya Elizabeth Lambert - 19th September 2011

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hey all, finally got round to doing my birth story...sorry its a long one! Well done if you get to the bottom lol

**Freya Elizabeth Lambert – 19th September 2011, 3.02am, 8lbs 15oz**

Went in to be induced at 10am on Saturday 17th at term + 12, horrible midwife did the pessary which I thought was for 6 hours, but was informed that I had to keep it in for 24 hours, during which they would monitor me every 4 hours. She had no bedside manner and really hurt me when she was putting the pessary in. Luckily her shift finished at 2pm and a lovely midwife took over.

Was monitored every 4 hours and nothing much happening so OH went home about 11pm. Was monitored at 1am and still nothing, so tried to get some sleep……….the lady in the next cubicle was snoring REALLY loud, so think I managed an hour between 1.30 and 2.30am…..when I woke up with awful backache/needing a poo (TMI)….anyway this feeling starting coming and going every 5 minutes, so after numerous trips to the toilet (to check I didn’t need a poo lol), mentioned it to the Midwife, who gave me some paracetamol and told me to sleep……..yeah right! With snoring lady next door and 5 minute contractions, sleep was not happening!!!!

Text OH at 6.30am and asked him to come in as was tired and fed up….OH got there around 8.30am and helped me have a shower etc as I was still contracting at 5 minutes. The midwife who came onto the day shift took pessary out at 1pm as planned an discovered I was 5/6cm dilated…YAY!!

Was transferred to the labour ward and enquired about a water birth…the pool was free so was shown into the room….it was lovely. Called best friend to come through as she was my second birth partner. Anyway at this stage contractions started to slow…very frustrating, so they decided to monitor me for another 4 hours and then break my waters. So had a nice soak in the bath with clary sage and lavender and waited for contractions to pick up, which they did slightly but not enough. Midwife broke my waters at 5pm and discovered meconium in the waters, which ruled out my water birth instantly, as they had to monitor me constantly.

Within minutes of breaking my waters the contractions were coming on really strong, but still not close enough together, so carried on on gas and air and pethadene until 10pm, when I was checked again and told I was only 7cm :mad: (gutted)…doctor came to check me and decided to insert a serotonin drip to speed things up…I also had an epidural at the same time, as by this time I was exhausted, having only had an hours sleep in 36 hours.

OMG the epidural was heaven :dance:, couldn’t feel a thing……was left to contract until 1am, checked again by doctor and discovered that baby had flipped back to back *sigh*…..left for one hour and checked again….still back to back and the heart rate had dropped. I was by this stage 9cm, but the baby was getting distressed and was also lodged in the birth canal at a strange angle!! At 2.30am they decided to do an emergency caesarean, within 15 minutes I was in theatre and by 3.02am our beautiful baby girl had arrived.

It was not the natural water birth I had hoped for, but by this stage I just wanted our team yellow baby out safe and sound. She is absolutely adorable and although the labour was long and tiring I wouldn’t change her for the world :love::love::love:

So we came home on 21st and Freya is doing great, we're managing to breastfeed and only had one feed during the night last night and let mummy and daddy have 8 hours sleep in total :sleepy::thumbup:

Well done to everyone who got to the bottom of this lol and heres a few pictures of our little pumpkin xxx

569f5a0c-8272-f62b.jpg

569f5a0c-8291-ac31.jpg

569f5a0c-82ad-edae.jpg

Awww she is so cute!! Congrats hun! I love the pic of her peeping over your shoulder :cloud9: x

Congratulations she's beautiful x

Congratulations Hun, she's gorgeous & love her name xx

Thanks ladies, I cant get enough of her :) its the best feeling being a mummy :love: :love: :love: xx

Oooh those gorgeous cheeks!!!!! Well done, I can't wait for that first sight of my baby, makes me well up reading other peoples stories of and imagining it for myself!

xxxx

Just caught up on this, congratulations, she's gorgeous, love her name xx

Thanks all :)

Congratulations on you're LO too SS....hope you're getting on well
Xxx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads