free dentist help

pilkers

Reaction score
Hiya

I was up all night with toothache so I have managed to get an appointment with the dentist. I mentioned that I had had a baby and they said I was entitled to free treatment until she was 1 if I brought some health certificate with me for the appointment...

what is this certificate and why haven't I got one!!??

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Its a Mat B1 form should have got it from your doctors when you were preggers

chickadee1976 said:
Its a Mat B1 form should have got it from your doctors when you were preggers

argh! no I didn't get anything. I think it's probably because I changed doctors when I moved house which was when I was first pregnant :doh: :doh: :doh:

Can I still get one?

It's an NHS prescription charge certificate - maternity exemption ( a credit card size card) which enables you to free prescriptions and dental care (I've just used mine this morning at the dentist!) I sent off for mine when I was about 8 weeks pregnant after seeing the midwife for the first time, she stamped a form for me which I sent to the prescription pricing authority and then received this card which is valid until LO is one year old.

Your midwife should or registered you for it, if I remember correctly and yeah its the size of a credit card (maternity exemption card) or like me you might have got a taz credits one which looks identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back