Dentists

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey everyone! hope your all feeling great, and had Fab Xmas'

i had my 1st Midwife appointment last Friday, whihc went great, the midwife told me thaat when my free prescription etc certficate comes through, to go to the dentist.....

well i have been naughty and being scared of dentists have not been in over 1year (naughty,naughty), so i dont actually have a dentist at the moment.....

she said using my certificate will allow me to have free dentistry work..... i was wondering does this count of NHS dentists only... or does it cover all dentists (as NHS dentists arevery limited where i live.... anyway)

can anyone help?
Thank you x x

Hi Tinkerbell,
Hope you well, hope you dont mind me asking but what did the midwife advise you to do about you getting your maternity excemption form as mine didnt mention it and I am on perscription at the moment so it would be useful to get!!!

First Baby White said:
Hi Tinkerbell,
Hope you well, hope you dont mind me asking but what did the midwife advise you to do about you getting your maternity excemption form as mine didnt mention it and I am on perscription at the moment so it would be useful to get!!!

I filled out the form she gave me IIRC, posted it off and hey presto, card came through in the post a while later. I'd go see your MW and ask about it. Or see if your GP's surgery will let you have one over the counter.

tinkerbell* said:
she said using my certificate will allow me to have free dentistry work..... i was wondering does this count of NHS dentists only... or does it cover all dentists (as NHS dentists arevery limited where i live.... anyway)

It'll only be for NHS care, so only those that offer that will treat you afaik. Private dentists are under no obligation to do so iirc.

I'd start looking round asap for an NHS dentist and see if one will take you on. You could also try private dentists and see if they would treat you with a maternity card, but its a long shot.

And once you find a dentist, make sure you attend at least a yearly check up so as to keep a place on their books. If you don't attend at least once a year they are allowed to drop you off their books and give your place to someone who will use it.

Its worth doing as pregnancy often means gum/teeth problems and you'll need to at least have check ups to make sure all is well. I have been suffering bad bleeding gums since the first few weeks of my pregnancy and no sign of it easing now. I've seen my dentist when I was in first tri and shall go back again in 2nd tri also.

Hi, Thank you for ya replys, i'll get looking for one in my area then asap. Thanx.

i got my maternity card form from my Doctors, she gave me a pack the 1st time i went to her to say i was pg. its a green form (well mine was anyway)... defo worth asking about, as all prescriptions are free etc.

the form is an FW8 maternity exemption form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back