Freaking out

lealea85

Reaction score
This Is gonna sound so stupid so I'm really sorry in advanced.
But I'm freaking out at the thought of Ppl touching my babies face with their hands ESP strangers.
I can't help but think "where were ur hands before" or "did u wash ur hands". I can see me asking Ppl "why are you touching his face for?"
I have this thing about hygiene n cleanliness.

I don't like my face being touched as I have sensitive skin, if I sneeze too hard I get a rash.

Or Ppl coming to the house n playing pass the parcel with him even tho he is trying to sleep. I never understood why Ppl bother babies when they are sleeping just so they can fraff about n hold them.

Maybe I'm to paranoid n ansy but as I'm getting closer to my due date I'm spazzing out :s

i completely understand where you're comin from! strangers think they can just touch your bump.. touch yer baby... er NO! geeeet off!

...and once they're a toddler you find strangers still try and get in your kids face in the supermarket or uptown - and it's like "er no... i've taught her not to talk to strangers thank you?!"

regarding the pass the parcel with the newborn i personally wouldn't stand for this... it's your baby.. so YOU make the rules... if baby sleeps then TOUGH - no cuddles people! It will be you left with a grumpy baby once your visitors have gone home - if a baby is asleep i don't think anyone should wake it at all! My 3 year old daughter already understands that if a babys asleep you are not to touch it... so if she can understand that then too right my friends and family are going to have to abide too!!!

i'm sure you'll be fine - if people come to visit just say to them at the door "babys asleep at the mooment - wake him/her up and i'll kill you!"lol!!!!

Last edited:
Dude, chill. it is a good thing if babies get some germs as it builds a very strong and healthy immune system; I know a couple and their 1 year old still doesnt sleep through the night because hes constantly unwell, and thats because theyve cooped him up in their very clean house and every time he steps outside you can absolutely gaurentee he is gonna be ill for the next 2 days. its worth getting them out and having people around so you have more of a problem free child in my opinion lol.
But on the other hand, you dont have to let people hold him when hes asleep. i certainly wont be! i dont mind visitors etc but i dont want anyone thats gonna try and tell me what to do. that really annoys me. people do it now, like some girl ive never met before but shes friends with one of my friends was trying to tell me what labour is gonna be like and how much the baby is going to feed and stuff. she doesnt have any children or anything! douche!! lol i can just picture me changing a nappy and someone trying to tell me how! lol i already know how to do all that stuff! we can just come on here and rant about everyone.
But seriously ill just not answer the door if i get too many people x

You might find that when he's born and people come to visit with presents, that you'll so be proud that you won't mind people having a little nurse.

If DD was sleeping in the basket I would lift her out and ppl would say oh no, don't disturb her if she's sleeping but she was so good she wouldn't wake! Which surprised everyone. I thought "that's my girl" :)

i dont think ive ever had a stranger touching any of my kids they peer in but thats it

all my family have a cuddle :)

Family is acceptable but random strangers I just can't allow it.
The first week out of hospital I'm not gonna have anyone round (just for peace, quiet, rest n bonding time)

It's times like this I wish I never studied biomedical science bcos all I worry bout is the nastiness on pals hands n touching my newborn in the face.
I don't think I will be so worried once he has had his injections. Prior to That im jus cautious.
I'm just praying he doesn't have my immune system.

I know how you feel lealea I have a couple of friends who are very very pushy and I'm really worried that they will a) turn up whenever they like b) just take my baby whether she is sleeping or not!!! It has made very anxious and I did try to gently warn them that if she is asleep no one is touching her but I don't think they believe me! Still hubby will go mental if they do anything I'm not happy with!! Lol

With the face thing just ask people not to touch his face because your worried about sensitive skin I don't think that's unreasonable!

:) glad I'm actually being understood here.
My mum has made it clear no one is coming round for the first 10 days so I can relax n bond plus we don't know if ima end up with a c-section so. That's just resting time.

For me its the thought of people kissing the baby - even family like my inlaws and stuff. Just don't like the thought of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back