Four weeks in, why am I hungry?

fizzle

Reaction score
As this will be our first pregnancy can anyone explain or tell me if it is common to be this hungry at such an early stage of pregnancy? I know that later on you often get that way, but we only found out 10 days ago and so everything is new to me!

It could well be psycological so any thoughts are welcome :)

I'm not pregnant but i'm sure increased appetite can be one of the first signs of pregnancy so i assumed you must feel hungry quicker all the way through.

Vicky xx

Increased hunger at any stage of pregnancy is perfectly normal. Your body is not only feeding your rapidly growing baby but you're also laying down what they call "maternal stores" in preparation for breast feeding etc.

I've gone through phases of being hungry but not wanting anything that was offered to wanting everything to not being able to look at food. All of it is normal, so don't worry and most of all enjoy your pregnancy.

Congratulations :D

Hi,
Obviously every1 is different. Wher you are hugry all the time. I acn't stand the thought of food. I just feel sick all the time. I have to force myself to hae snacks. My gp said that this is normal so not to worry. But hey. Take it in its stride just look at it this way at least you can eat ha ha. Congrats on your pregnancy tho x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back