Found out Im pregnant - What to do next?

Parker7

Reaction score
I discovered this weekend that I am pregnant! My husband and I officially started trying in December, so we have caught on our 3rd month - unbelievable!

I took 2 home pregnancy tests, first just a cheap strip one and when that said positive, I bought a digital one, which also said pregnant and 2-3 weeks.

So, this might sound like a silly question, but what do I do now? Do I visit my GP or a midwife at the hospital?

I am still registered at my old GP's in the town I used to live. I now only live a few miles up the road, but wondered can I just go to the my local hospital, where I will eventually give birth and just see a midwife?

I read that I don’t have to be referred to the hospital by my GP. Is this correct?

Any advice that you can give me would be great.

Big congrats!

It's not the same everywhere but if you ring your GP surgery they'll let you know what happens. In some places you go for an early appointment at the GP (4-6 weeks) for a chat, make sure you have folic acid et.c. Other places they ask you to wait and give you contact details for the midwife who you'll see for a booking appointment at 8-10 weeks.

Hope that helps.

Congrats on your BFPs! I rang my GP who had me fill in all manner of forms, probably the best place to start. Wishing you a healthy, happy pregnancy.

Congrats hun,

The advice on here will sort you right out.

Maybe pop over to TTC and let Bellarina know about your BFP? She is running the March testing thread so keeping an eye on all these wonderful BFP's

Same to anyone else who hasn't posted their good news there yet!

It's good for morale for all those still TTC, to see how many BFP's there are at the end of the month

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Here here carnat, always lovely to see a bubs come into the world!

Where I am you gotta call ur docs and then get referred to a mw. Best bet call ur gp

Congrats! X

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes! I have an appointment with my GP on Monday.
Forgive me guys but what does BFP and TTC stand for?

Ok, just a little update for anyone who's interested. I have an appointment next Monday with my GP, which I am looking forward to.
I know I have had a BFP but a confirmation from him will make it seem more real.

I actually did another test last night, LOL, I just wanted to see it again. The digi ones go off after 24 hours and I enjoyed looking at it. So I just did a cheap strip one, 2 nice strong lines appeared quickly which was great.

I am still completely symptom free though. Apart from slightly sore boobs, which I barely notice unless i start prodding. I know it's still early, but I think a few symptoms would help reassure me a little.... but then again maybe its better this way, as if I was having cramps or spotting that would make me worry more.

Don't be worried about symptoms they'll show up soon enough! Then you'll be wishing you didn't have any

Just a word of advice though, doctors don't always test you, as they know how accurate the home tests are. I never got tested by doc or midwife!! They just believed me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back