Forum too wide for screen???

Christina1979

Reaction score
hello!

Sorry if this is glaringly obvious but the forum pages are too wide for my screen and i have to scroll across to read posts etc...

I belong to other forums and have not come across this before.

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Christina

Christina, is it every page on the forum? For example, is this page stretched? Also, do you know what your screen resolution is set at?

maybe your screen resolution is too small? :think:
I have mine on 1280 by 1024 and it fits perfect

Right click on your desktop
properties
settings

Yes its every page of this forum and yet I dont have this problem with any other website???

My screen resolution is set to 1024 by 768.

I tried it at the setting you suggested but it made everything (ie tabs, icons, writing) soooooooooo tiny......

:roll:

That's strange .... the reason I asked about every page is that sometimes people's signatures get a little too wide (we have a limit set here) and that can often cause left/right scrolling problems for other members using smaller resolutions, however if this page here is still doing it for you, then I'm not sure what the problem is as there aren't any big signatures on this particular page (at time of writing anyway).

I then thought it might be the Google ad that's currently at the top of the page - but that's around 725 pixels wide, and so you should still have plenty to spare with your screen being set at 1024 :think:

Are you able to take a screenshot by pressing Alt + PrtScn? If you can, then please save it as a JPEG or GIF and email it to admin @ pregnancyforum.co.uk (without the spaces) and I'll see if I can work out what's going on.

I would try all the different resolutions first, then look at how big your font size is set to etc.

It's because the HTML is in the wrong order - it happens on my laptop 1024 wide. Run one of the pages through an HTML validator, fix the errors in the header and footer files and it will be ok.

I think its because of the Native rsolution of your TFT, we only have a 15inch monitor and we get this overshoot too.

Ours has 1024/768 as its native res.

You could try different res' but you'll probably find your monitor will not like anything more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back