formula

laura-82

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was talking to someone yesterday who said that now your not meant to make up bottles in the morning & keep them in the fridge. She said you have to make them up as & when you need them :shock:

Is this right??

Hi,

First good name choice :wink:

Second I think this is the correct advice that they give you today. As far as I understand it you can story cooled boiled water in the fridge for 24 hours and then add formula and heat as and when you need it but you can't have the bottle ready mixed.

HTH x

Yeah that is right
i still make up bottles in the morning for my son, i done it with my other 3 and they are ok.

I always made them up as I needed them so cant really help, but I Think storing the cooled water is ok!

When Keeley was a newborn and right up until i weaned her.. i made six bottles up in the morning for the whole day.

But as she started takin less and less bottles i made them up with cartons

I have always made up enough bottles for 24 hours and stored them in the fridge until needed. My Mum did this with all seven of her children and it didn't do us any harm. The back of the formula tin does say make them up when needed but to be honest if you do this you will be spending the whole day making up bottles and waiting for them to cool whilst your LO is crying for a feed.

Gemma & Jake said:
I have always made up enough bottles for 24 hours and stored them in the fridge until needed. My Mum did this with all seven of her children and it didn't do us any harm. The back of the formula tin does say make them up when needed but to be honest if you do this you will be spending the whole day making up bottles and waiting for them to cool whilst your LO is crying for a feed.

Yeah, what Gemma said ^^

i make them up whenever i run out. were running on 4 bottles now in a day so its easier. no bacteria can get init tho can it if in fridge? ive had the formula milk out aswell and emilys been fine. only cause ive forgotten to put it in fridge or people in this bungalow are too dim to put in fridge for me. yes i have asked them nicely , yes they are dim. they know what to do anyway cause they used to feed their sons on formula.

Thanks everyone, my mum said the same as you Gemma.

i think it depends which brand of formula you choose.
Farleys recommend you make them fresh but sma say its fine to make them in advance...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back