sma gold again

enn

Reaction score
ok we werent winding her properly as my dad and auntie had no probs feeding her today.

shes takken 2 100ml feeds. their from the carton but ive ran out of those.

now powder one says 120 - 4scoops but do i try her with 120ml or keep her to 100ml and what do u recommend i give her to make it to 100ml with the powdered stuff. 3scoops and abit or make up 120ml and feed her 100ml and give her the rest of it on next feed + 80ml off next feed? to me thats too much watching bottle all time.

Please have a look at this link, it will help;

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/

I wouldn't recommend mixing the formula any other way than explained on the tin/box, as for how much, you can make up 100ml and if she's still hungry after that, just make more, don't save any as it should be consumed within an hour of it being made (the water and formula seperate are fine, just when mixed bacteria can form so as a precaution a 'use within 1hr' guideline is given).

"The general rule of thumb for formula amounts is 2.5 - 2.7 ounces (oz) per pound (lb) of body weight. By the time your baby is one month old, he will probably take 90-120ml / 3 or 4oz at each feed, and will consume anywhere from 400-800ml / 14 to 28oz in one day."
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/howmuchmilk/

Very best wishes :hug:

wow on the tn it says 2wekks - something same on the carton.
carton says 100ml as its ready made and the tin says 120ml for 2weeks+ 2-4weeks think it is not sure tho as its in kitchen lol

might make 120ml but give her 100ml waste the 20ml i dont care :)

or i could ring health visitor as i cant wait till weds to ask about this :)
ring her tomorrow :) safe than sorry but will have to make it now anyway as i dont have no more. will feed her 100ml unless she wants more.

ty for reply will take a look at that site too :)

Not easy knowing what your LO wants sometimes is it :hug: Also she may have 90ml, then 120ml at her next feed, just depends on her, I know all about wasting formula, Isaac changes all the time hehe Let her tell you what she wants and you'll be fine :hug: But definitely discuss it with your HV and explain how your Emily is feeding, then she'll be able to advise you personally :hug:

i will do ty. ive decided just now as i was making the formula looking between the carton i got and the tin that as im out of carton except last little bit in fridge which i will bin in morning that i will stick with the newborn - 2weeks till i see or ring Hv tomorrow or see her weds.

so emily will get 90ml unless she wants more.

i know how to wind her properly now as my dad taught me earlier. i cant seem to get a grip on her jaw line and emily knows that too so i had her over my shoulder and she seems comfy this time like that so will try wind her that way :)

Just put same amount in bottles each time enn then you will know, my little lady is having 3 oz in hers each time and usually drinks 2 of them but sometimes she will drink the full 3, keep a feeding diary.

a feeding diary yea i will do.

hv said for her weight cause she was weighed weds and weighed at 7lb 13 1/2 0z

she needs 150mls per kilo per 24hrs or 2 1/2 fl.oz per 1lb per day. have no idea what that means . to me it sounds not much. she can take 120ml when i feed her she dont take it all which is ok :)

have to give her water also inbetween feeds as shes still constipated.

i give her 20ml unless i forget to give her some in morn and give her double dose at night like 40ml.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back