formula is back on!

trixipaws

Reaction score
some of u might remember when melissa was 6 months old i started replacing afternoon BF with a bottle of formula- but shes dropped that feed last month so iv not really been giving her any. but i need to get her off BF soon as she's started pulling my top and she's bound to get her first tooth soon! so, iv started a bottle at her bedtime as of today (thats the only daytime one i can swap!) ill keep BFing during the nite for a bit but gonna stop soon (ill be sooooooo tired, as i cannot bottle-feed while sleeping! :lol: )
soon ill really have my body back :dance:

i know your worried about getting up in the middle of the night you lazy moo (only joking :lol: hehe) but once she gets used to it she will either sleep through or now with mia, she usually sleeps through but if she doesnt then she gets up has bottle, nappy changed and straight back to sleep, in a matter of 15 mins lol..its not that bad once u get used to it

:D :D

she seemed to sleep for longer, idk whether is coincidence or not :think:
she was up 4 times tho from about 3am :roll: so i just BF.

2nite im gonna make up a bottle and take to bed with me if she wakes im trying that- hopefully she wont wake a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time! :lol:

it'll be interesting to see how much she has- im concerned she dont hav enough milk. i made a 7-scoop feed and when she'd had enough there was only 140mls left. not sure how much volume the powder adds is a 7-scoop feed about 220mls? if so then she only took 80mls- is this a normal amount for a baby her age? she doesnt want milk during the day either :think:

When Austin was about 7 months I dropped all night feeds completely, and just gave him water. The first night was hard but after that he wsa fine and started sleeping through a few weeks later.

Just a thought, it might be worth dropping night feeds completely that way you won't have to make up a bottle.

Austin only has one BF a day now, first thing in the morning because I'm too lazy to get up and make a bottle at 6am I'd rather breastfeeds and get another hour's sleep!

but the nite feeds is all the milk she has! (well, evening before she goes to bed too)

i havent BF since thursday 5/6am, so as iv been using formula i kno exactly how much shes had in 24 hours.

in the morning she had a 4-scoop feed makin up her porridge- the 120mls of water becomes 130mls with the powder in.
in the evening i made a 7-scoop feed which is 230mls with the powder in, and she took 90mls of it.
thru the nite i took another 7-scoop feed to bed with me and she took 110mls of it.

so from 8am thursday to 8am today she's had 330mls. is that enough? it doesnt really seem it :?

All babies are different & I'm not sure ifthere's a 'right' but Austin has:

6-7am - Breastfeed in bed

8am - breakfast (cereal made up with a bit of normal cow milk)

11:30am - 7oz formula when he wakes up from him morning nap

1pm - lunch (usually a sandwich or beans on toast, + fruit)

4pm - snack (biscuit or fruit)

6:30pm - dinner (just a smaller portion of what we eat, + a fromage frais or baby jelly)

9pm - 8oz formula feed before bed

So Austin has about 15oz (420ml?) + boob per day.

What food/drink does Millie have during the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back