• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those that they live in a 2 floor house

Hope81

Reaction score
How do you do with changing the diaper downstairs? Are you just using a changing mat on the sofa for example? Or do you have a proper changing table? Or maybe you go upstairs every time??:roll:
Also how about all the things that you need downstairs? Like muslin clothes and pacifiers and toys etc? Do you have doubles of everything that you keep downstairs? Or just every morning you get whatever you need before you go down?
Stupid questions I suppose I am just not sure how to organize everything :wall:

lol im so lazy, i use her bedroom as storage for things for her and some clothes drying lol, i keep all her clothes downstairs in a big storage tub and dress and change her down on the floor on a mat. muslins and blankets and towels are in a pile on the tub and sleepsuits in a bag. i keep her dummies and teething powder etc in her changing bag on the pram. its a bit messy but much easier than running up and down stairs every time i need something, i just change the clothes in the tub when she outgrows them so we will be swapping to 6-9 month clothes soon so the 3-6 ones go into bags and go back up to her room. when shes older and sleeping in there i will put anything not needed into the loft.

I take the toddler upstairs to change her every time, but as she's older I guess she's not having as many changes as a newborn.

Ruby has a changing station in her room as its part of the furniture set so all changes are done upstairs. There's muslins and bibs up and downstairs, same with bottle warmers so don't have to go downstairs in the night. Most toys are downstairs but cuddly toys and books are in the nursery.

We have doubles of most things, we do his morning and night changes upstairs and the rest downstairs on a changing mat that is currently on the dining table (although that wilk have to change as he is rolling everywere). We have dummies and teething powder/gel in both places and we have a few toys upstairs with the main stuff downstairs and we also have 2 bouncy chairs, one for upstairs and one for downstairs so he can sit while I do stuff upstairs or have a bath!!
xxx

We keep the nappies downstairs and do all changes on a mat on the floor but we don't have a changing station. If I need new clothes etc I just nip upstairs to get them - I see it as good exercise x

We have a changing mat downstairs and she gets changed there if we are downstairs. Which is not that often really because I always change her after naps now and naps are in the nursery.

Muslins are in a pile on the end of my sofa. I have about a gazillion of them because she is so sicky.

I keep a johnsons box with nappies/wipes/nappy bags in downstairs and a stock of these also on the changing mat in the nursery.

I bring my feeding pillow downstairs on a morning with the baby.

ETA we have a changing table as part of the nursery furniture too.

Last edited:
I don't have a changing station as I personally think they are a waste of money . I have a changing mat upstairs and downstairs xxx

I change Callums nappy on my lap find it so much easier on my back other than using a mat & bending over whereas OH does it on the mat we just have one changing mat x

Tapatalking!

I'm in a flat but I keep a little changing mat some nappies and wipes in my room for emergency midnight nappy changes

I live in a one bed flat and i have a basket in the front room and bedroom which has muslins, nappies, wipes, nappybags etc in it, and wipes in the bathroom. The changing mat stays in the front room but only really use it at bathtime as i lay keira on the sofa on a blanket in the living rom and normally change her in my bed at night. x

Thank you girls I emptied a drawer in the living room and I will put there muslins etc etc.
I have an old moses basket mattress with a waterproof cover that I will use as a changing mat in the living room on the sofa or dinning table etc. I suppose I could go up and down with the baby every time but we have really steep stairs and I am not really happy to go up and down on them endless time carrying a baby :(

I have a changing station upstairs in her nursery so I normally tend to change her there. I keep her changing bag downstairs though which has a travel mat and I keep it stocked up with nappies & wipes etc so I do occasionally change her downstairs too x

Rachel that genius too, I am going to stock the changing bag too :love: thanks. :)

I have an extra changing mat downstairs, I just change on the floor. We put a stock of other stuff into a gift bag (cos we had loads. Lol) - like a pack of nappy sacks, a small pack of nappies, pack of wipes etc, and it lives underneath the basket stand in the living room.

For a while it was a military operation at bedtime taking everything up to bed at night like dummies etc but it got easier. As she doesn't loose them the same now.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I have a changing station upstairs in her nursery so I normally tend to change her there. I keep her changing bag downstairs though which has a travel mat and I keep it stocked up with nappies & wipes etc so I do occasionally change her downstairs too x

Yeah, I'm forever raiding the changing back for a spare bib or muslin. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

We have steep stairs split into 2 levels - I keep doubles of everything, never really bothered with changing mat since LO turned about 4 m/o just use a blanket on the floor

xxxxxxx

im a bit scared of going up and down the stairs with lo realy. makes me nervous so id rather not do it unless its necessary

I change Callums nappy on my lap find it so much easier on my back other than using a mat & bending over whereas OH does it on the mat we just have one changing mat x

Tapatalking!

exactly the same x

For the first few.weeks I set up everything down here in the day, but now I just go upstairs with him, its only a few times a day now really so not a problem and keeps the dining room table clear - not that we end up using it much to eat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back