For those bf and topping up with formula

Well it's none of her business hun so don't let that bother you in the slightest! I don't know much about tongue ties, I actually thought they all got cut when they were newborn which obviously isn't the case - but would she even know? You could just not mention it to her if you think you'll just get criticism.

Would you be able to express before you go to bed as a way of getting a bit more expressed milk? I know you said Lily won't feed if she's woken up and tired so maybe that's a way of getting a bit extra out, then you should be nice and full again by the time she wakes up on a morning.

Fingers crossed for you that the thrush goes quickly, that's the last thing you both need!

Having her tongue done should sort everything hopefully. Just wondered are you taking fenugreek to boost your milk further? I find it helps me. With the breast feeding support you can usually call someone they might even do a home visit for you. Also the more she feeds the more milk your body will make it just take a day or two to catch up. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies :) I was looking into fenugreek but heard conflicting advice.. Does it actually work?? I was thinking about it a month ago.. I think my supply is decreasing coz she's not getting hind milk.. Got a nasty cough today bless her which made her throw up some of her feed this morning :( I tried expressing last night and got nothing! Doesn't help my nipples are raw and expressing hurts more than feeding :(
I suppose I could not tell her.. But OH probably will.. Mind u she's our baby and OH agrees to get it cut! Asked if he would resent me for making her go thru that rather than just give her a bottle n he said no way I'm doing whats best for her :D
Read up on it last night in bed and turns out babies with worse tongue tie can actually feed better than one with a small one!! And can struggle with a bottle and even weaning!
Up to 4months they just snip it.. Older needs to be put under and cut and stitched, even older cauterised (sp?).. My sister had it done in her teens.. Hers was up to the tip and pulled her gums back it was so tight.. Mines always been fine.. It's even stretched as an adult! So that's y I thought it depended on how bad the tie was.. I was wrong!! Babies under 4months can feed immediately, over 6mos, 2hours and older 10 days to heal!!

I think fenugreek works, takes a couple of days but i noticed an increase on only one capsule a day but you can take more, only downside to it is it can make ur sweat smell of maple syrup, which i found really odd! I really don't know much about tongue tie, maybe start a different thread and see what others think and how their babies got on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ive got an appointment at 11:10 hoping to get referred for her tongue to be cut!

Fx for you! Think the fenugreek depends on capsule size so best asking in the shop you get it but I've been told both 3 and 6!

I've only just seen this thread :eh: I have no other advice to add apart from what the girls have already said. Your fellas family sound like a bloody nightmare!! Why are they so against breast feeding? Like what do they reckon everyone did before the bottle was invented?? :mad:

I know they are useless.. I even told her I'm getting her tongue cut privately at home tonight to help her feed and she's like from u or bottle?? Grrrrr!! Told her it can effect her bottle feeding and weaning too so needs it either way!!

Let us know how it goes, hopefully it will be easy for them to do. You're mil is a nightmare, well done for telling her though, as I would probably not have told her as would have been anxious of her reaction.

I've just started taking fenugreek as I feel my supply has dropped. I got it from holland and barrett and it says to take 1 to 2 capsules 3 times a day when I have food.

Hopefully I will notice a difference soon.

Hope LO is ok x

Thanks hun.. I would have got a worse reaction if I didn't tell her so I had to!
Let me know how u get on with it plz! I should get mine tomorrow :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back