For those bf and topping up with formula

Tell your mil to piss off why is she so against breast feeding??? Xx

I don't know!! Shes never done it and noone in their family did either! Her mum is against it too which is odd for an old woman!
Just fed her muself And she didnt empty me again shes satisfied right? She's just done a huge poo and sounded uncomfortable :( it's all gritty is that right?? Bright orange liquid with black dots everywhere.. It looks like pepper..

Last edited:
I'd stick with bfing if she's anything like Tyler shed scream of she was hungry!
I'd try the eating more to see if that helps for a week or so? I wouldn't even wean as breast milk is geared up for all of baby's needs. Maybe if things don't change in the next couple of weeks then think about other options like adding food.

Tbh I wouldn't even bother talking to your MIL, stick to here!!

I'd stick with bf her hun she's obviously getting enough and is happy and full. It doesn't sound like formula is the best option for you or her breast is best and you are doing fab. If you want to give a bit of pureed fruit lunch time ish then I would. M dropped 2 centiles through teething and quickly regained xxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks again ladies you know how to make me feel better about what I'm doing! If I was wrong you'd tell me unbiased!!
I think alot of it is coz she wants to take baby out on her own.. Breast or bottle she's not doing it! She asked OH if she could have baby overnight when I was 8 WEEKS PREG!!! I was only with him for three months when I fell preg u can imagine how much I knew this woman! All coz her mate let her look after her baby from when she was 2weeks old constantly! She wants to be able to take her out and can't if I'm bf! Tbh I wouldnt let my own mum take her out at this age either! But that's me lol!
I'm defo gonna ditch the formula idea and eat my arse off to get her to put her weight back on!! I'm gonna get her weighed on Wednesday and I hope she's gone back up so I can throw it in their faces!!!

How quickly did these teething weight droppers gain their weight back?? She got a horrid cold so it's gonna be hard but I'm gonna get her weight up by Wednesday I'm determined!! If I thought I wasn't giving her enough I'd bloody stop.. Like I'd starve my baby!! My sister starved her baby for two weeks even though I was begging her to bottle feed her!! If lily was hungry she surely would cry for it! Mil thinks she doesn't cry for it coz she's a good baby and that's it.. When I get her up in the morning she is awake the whole school run and home again which is about half an hour in total.. She falls back to sleep on the car on the way back home and I have to wake her up when we get in.. If I leave her she does wake up eventually at 10am (I tried out of curiosity and worry)

Tell your mil to shove it up her arris!!!! You are doing great!!!! Def ear more and see how she goes in sure if she was hungry she would cry for it every baby eventually cries through hunger shes content on breast milk so stick with it!!! Hold off weaning until you have to breast fed babies don't need weaning until 6 months as your milk has everything she needs :hugs: xxx

Thanks hun, I'm defo holding off weaning as long as I can.. She's determined to get her off my tit and into her house! Told her she's done a weird painful poo that looks like oj and pepper n she's like prob coz ur bf and ff best just ff then.. Wtf? It's the formula that's new not the breast! She was fine before that! Grrr!! Can't even vent to OH coz he just shrugs it off coz he knows what she's like.. Gonna talk to him bout it when he gets home from work..
I've eaten so much today and yesterday I'm forever hungry! Which is a good thing I was so off food for ages :( gonna stock up on a bunch of mns mic meals they r so quick easy and tasty!

Honestly this sounds so much like me when lo was 2 mths old, am bathing him at moment so can't type a full reply will do when he's put to bed as I had similar with weightloss, but I'm so angry for you about your mil

Hun why dont you express and try to give her expressed milk? Your supply will diminish if you top up with formula. Maybe she gets tired suckling and falls asleep? Especially if she isnt feeling great.

If you have milk left when she finishes, supply isnt a problem.

Flapjacks are supposed to be good,try themas well

Tell mil to f off !! U know baby best x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks!
Yeah I was thinking about expressing as if she needs more calories hind milk would be better! She doesn't always fall asleep on me if anything she feeds more when asleep on me! She gets fidgety and cries half way thru one side so I give her the other side and she does the same after a few mins.. I know there's some left coz when I squeeze it doesn't just drop it squirts (lol) so it can't be running out can it? Give her her dummy and she settles on that.. always been like that then she sleeps.. I think she's doing yet another poo I don't think the forums agreed with her she's been so restless and unsettled since :(

Maybe she isnt getting hind milk? It could be your let down is slow and she doesnt want to wait for it. Do you feed from a different breast each feed?

I do both breasts each feed it seems she wants the let down and that's it.. I can feel it coz it's tingly within less than a min of her sucking and she proper gulps.. I think she's too lazy to suck for the hind milk coz the flow is too fast.. If she comes off it sprays everywhere majorly lol!!

I do both breasts each feed it seems she wants the let down and that's it.. I can feel it coz it's tingly within less than a min of her sucking and she proper gulps.. I think she's too lazy to suck for the hind milk coz the flow is too fast.. If she comes off it sprays everywhere majorly lol!!
I think hind milk has the most nutrients in so maybe try expressing that in the morning after a feed and topping up with that during the day after a feed? See if she takes it.
My lo wont take food if he doesnt want it lol

Thanks I'll give that a try :) is the poo normal?? Orange liquid with pepper looking then green n stringy with white chunks? Usually it's once every week and a half! Orange liquid no pepper lol! I think it's down to the formula it's too coincidental!! Mil thinks its coz of her cold (that she's had over a week) and to just change the formula.. Fucking hate the fact she's trying to get me off bf!!!

Had a full blown cold on 5th and her last poo on 8th after nearly two weeks no poo.. She's pooed 4 times since and including 23rd dec.. Now she has formula and these two weird poos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back