Food issues - what about lunch!

baby2012lp

Reaction score
Hello, I cook chicken and then chill it and stor it in my fridge to eat in sandwiches at work over a 4 day period, now I have been reading stuff about listeria and how there are sometimes no symptoms and apparently cooking chicken then eating it cold after storing it in the fridge poses a listeria risk, what can I eat in my sandwich? OR is it ok because I am handling the cooking chilling and storing part myself in a hygienic way I am safe?.

I just don't know what I can eat at lunchtime anymore and I have to take my own lunch to work and the chicken routine works well but I want what is best for baby, HELP ME!

I personally wouldn't keep chicken for any length of time, it's too dodgy. Maybe use ham? I
Or cheese? x

On a food sheet from my doctor it said to eat no cold meats, even from packets, unless they're cooked and are 'piping hot' before consumption. Not sure how precisely that needs to the followed, I don't eat much meat anyway so hadn't given it massive amounts of thought to be honest. Hope it helps a bit though :)

I do the same ad you,mi just warm the chicken for 1.30 min every morning in the microwave until is steaming, then i make sandwiches anc i put them in Zip bag and with an ice block over it until lunch ( I don't rust my colleagues to not eat it that's why I don't use the fride in the hospital lol)

ive used sandwich meat and done the same as you with chicken, and ive been fine x

Whoops. I've been munching my way through parma ham as it's all I've felt like eating! Lol xxx

I wouldn't risk it with chicken!
I'd just use ham or corned beef or even pre-packed chicken slices. There's loads of lunch meat u can choose from x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I don't see any problem with well cooked chicken??? I mean prepacaged things are more likely to have listeria than properly home cooked chicken?

It's the keeping it for day's in the fridge I'd worry about, not the chicken per se. I'd eat it but not keep it iykwim x

I keep the cooked meat in the chilled room of the fridge well away from everything else and no more 3 days. I slice it all from the beginning and put it in zip bags and in the chilled room that's almost freezing temperature. Every morning I steam it and pack it in sandwiches. I will be damned if that's not enough lol.

How about you ask, your mw?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back