Calling all steak lovers!!

Froslass

Reaction score
Spoke wiht my GP today, cause I have tonsilitis, and asked him about what sort of steaks I can and Can't eat...

I LOVE my steak medium or medium well (depends on the restaurant I'm eating in) and thought this would fall into the undercooked meats category.

Well apparently, "undercooked" really only applies to chicken, sausages and GROUND beef and steak such as hamburgers.

Basically, lumps of fresh steak are ok to eat pink on the inside because it's sterile. Listeria or Toxoplasmosis isn't naturally found in steak, but is put into it when it gets ground up.

Gp also said she ate medium steak with all 3 or her kids, all of whom were healthy.

Obviously some ladies won't want to eat medium steak just incase, but I certainly will be having mine on my birthday :) x

As long as it's hot through, and cooked on the outside (which is where any bacteria would be) then it's fine :) x

PS: Not wanting to offend anyone with this btw, just wanted to share :p x

That had never crossed my mind at all. Good timing post... I'm having steak for my tea tonight!!! xxx

I'm so pleased lol :) going to a steakhouse for my birthday so I'm very chuffed :)

i remember finding out about this in tri1 too :) i was soo happy, i went out that night for steak and felt so satisfied lol :D

i love my steak rare, and the idea of having to eat well done steak for 9 months had made me decide not to have any until baby was born lol

as long as the meat is cooked on the outside you will kill any nasty bugs making it safe and sssoooo tasty

this is fab i love my steak done medium and wasnt looking forward to having it welldone xx

That is the best news I've ever heard! I've seriously suffered with overcooked steak all through both my pregnancies. I love mine rare/medium! I am going to eat hundreds of them next time! :yay: Thank you :rofl:

the one and only thing I cut out in both my pregnancies were nuts xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back