Food,Food, Food

kellylou

Reaction score
Alex turned 17 weeks yesterday and he has been a nightmare today.

He woke at 3 and had a feed, something he never has done and 2nd bottle today he had 9ozs when he should be on 7 and just finished another now and still seemed hungry. His fists are in his mouth and he is quite irritable so am wondering if he is trying to tell me he wants more and should I try him on solids?

I was going to make food for him and freeze it but should he just be on porridge or baby rice?
I asked the hv last week and she said to delay weaning as technically it should be 6 months but he is fidgeting with his bottle so aren't these all signs??

Sorry for the q's just don't know what to do???

Sounds like he could be ready, 17 weeks is the earliest you can start, so if you think he's ready then go for it. Is he on hungry baby milk? If you want to delay weaning you could try that instead? I started with baby rice and porridge, then moved on to fruit and veg, and dairy after 6 months. Do what you think is right xxx

ATM still on sma gold so do u think me better to buy that as he has almost finished this tin but i dont know if it is a growth spurt he was 14.7ozs las weigh in so only gained 4 ozs in 2 wees is this ok? argh its a minefield we were going to wait until next weekend when he is 4 months just to try last week he took calpol off the spoon fine (he had jabs)

I had the exact same siruation with my LO at 17wks aswell!
I started her on baby rice on wednesday n shes so much better, i tried her on hungry baby milk but it made it reaaaaaly diffucult for her to poop, so decided just to start her on baby rice n i havnt looked back, she loves it, i gave her a jar of apple n banana swirl on sat cos we were out n she gulped it down!
I found the first time she couldnt get the idea of opening her mouth for the food to go in, but shes got the hang of it now cos she looks like a fish with a big open mouth when shes hungry and gettin ready for some food, lol

Id say try just a little spoonful, if ur LO doesnt want it u kno there not ready just yet,

Good luck :)
X

ATM still on sma gold so do u think me better to buy that as he has almost finished this tin but i dont know if it is a growth spurt he was 14.7ozs las weigh in so only gained 4 ozs in 2 wees is this ok? argh its a minefield we were going to wait until next weekend when he is 4 months just to try last week he took calpol off the spoon fine (he had jabs)

It's up to you hun, do what you think, if he isn't ready for food, he won't have it. I wouldn't worry too much about weight, if he is feeding well, and quite content xxx

Thank you!!

I tried him with some baby porridge yesterday just one spoon mixed with 3 water and he had the lot and carried on with bottle and did the same today so just once in the day but he ate it and kept it down so think will just stick with that for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back