Follow on Milk. Pros & Cons ?!?

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
I Have been looking on the internet about follow on milks and there seems to be alot of negativity towards them? is there a reason for this? the thing i am reading is that its a con becuase babies dont need more iron if they are getting it from their diet (food wise). the pros i can see are that you get money off vouchers for follow on milk and it is cheaper.
so id follow on milk "bad" to give Theo? or is "okay"?
i am confused

i dont have a problem with keeping him to stage 1 milk. but it follow on milk is just as good and cheaper then i am swaying towards it.
all seems very confusing with conflicting opinions on it. can anyone give me more of an insite?!? (pros and cons)

Thank you

Im confused about this too :think: :roll:

Really cant make my mind up so il watch this thread for some advice!

There was a thread recently with some research about the excess iron causing problems but I can't remember much detail. The only reason we haven't changed is because my LO is very settled on SMA gold and I don't want to upset that. It's only 3 months left until we can start her on cows' milk anyways. That's not much help but in the long run it's up to you and what suits your LO :hug:

The most convincing argument for me is that there did not used to be follow on milk. It was only after it became illegal to advertise formula for babies under 6 months that it came on the scene. Cynical? Me? :wink:

I don't know of any studies that show how much iron is absorbed by babies and there is iron in regular formula. Maybe someone else may have details about this.

I have heard that follow on milk is cheaper but it has bigger scoops so costs about the same for a bottle of milk. I've never used it so I can't say how true that is.

You can get clubcard/advantage card points on follow on milk :)

I don't use it personally- we've stuck with SMA White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back