Folic Acid..

Em91

Reaction score
Hi ladies, this is probably a ridiculous question but not something i never thought to ask MW are we meant to take folic acid all the way through the pregnancy? Or am i meant to have stopped/be stopping?

just realized i'm running out of the 3months worth i had and wandered if i need to buy more or if i don't actually still need to be taking it?

Ooh and just as a little after note, got my pregnancy pillow yest and had the best nights sleep i've had in agesss :) (wasn't worth a whole thread) but if your debating getting one, do! it's worth it. £12 off a shop on Ebay :)

Last edited:
I'm still taking pregnacare tablets but that has more in it than just folic acid. It makes me feel good to take it, like I'm doing something good for bean.

XX

I was taking pregnacare at the start, but it kept making me sick. So just stuck to folic acid :)

im still taking my pregnancy vitamins too - the santogen mother to be ones.

I had to stop taking pregnacare cuz they made my sickness worse.
I took folic acid up until 13wks, you don't have to take it after that :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had to stop taking pregnacare cuz they made my sickness worse.
I took folic acid up until 13wks, you don't have to take it after that :) x

Same reason i stopped taking pregnacare!.. Might as well finish off the packet think there's only a week left then will stop :)

Need to think about trying other vitamins now my sickness has stopped really! just worried it'll come back! lol x

I'm still taking pregnacare but after 13 weeks folic acid supplements are not essential x

I stopped taking folic acid at 13 weeks and havent taken anything else x

I don't take anything either. The midwife and dietitian at my antenatal class last week both said not to take extra vitamin d as it could be harmful for baby x

I stopped taking folic acid at 13wks. You get your folic acid in lots of foods but at this stage of your pregnancy its not as important as it is in the 1st trimester. Eat lots of fruit you will get all your vitamins in them rather than taking a supplement each day :)

I have been drinking somethign calle Spatone that the midwife recommended with Vit D in it :) it was the only thing the midwife recommended when I stopped taking pregnacare for the above reasons and that I couldn;t swallow any tablets :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back