Folic Acid etc after 12 weeks

BlondeP

Reaction score
Should I keep taking all my supplements? Or will there be no additional benefit to baby? Xxx

I've been wondering the same! I will probably still take the basic pregnacare as I like knowing I'm taking a back-up multivitamin incase my diet isn't perfect! xx

I stopped taking it at 12 weeks with my first x

My MW said to stop and just take iron if my blood tests showed I needed it. Opinions seem to vary though.

There's no point in taking folic acid past 12 weeks, but there's no harm in it. So if you want to keep taking multivitamins which includes folic acid, you might as well.
It's generally recommended to keep taking vitamin D, as it's hard to get enough from the sun in Northern Europe. Especially if the summer is not going to improve. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I've been taking pregnacare throughout, have missed one or two days so I'm not as strict as I was the first 12 weeks but still taking it x

Okay, I think as mine are a mix of folic, Vit D and others il continue til I've used my supplies then switch to a normal multi vit. I haven't exactly had the best diet recently (craved & ate a doughnut at 2am haha!) so I suppose it can't do much harm. Thanks for the help girls xxxxx

Here's what I don't get didn't see a midwife u til my booking scan at which point she said you've been on the higher dose of folic acid because of your weight ....errrr no!! Nobody told me even though I'd seen a go 4 times then she said oh and I see you've had previous miscarriages so you've been taking aspirin to reduce the risk? NO!!! Wasn't told about this either, I definitely think you need to see a midwife as early as possible in your pregnancy to go through these things with you, it really annoyed me after she said well let's just hope baby is ok then! Luckily things do seem ok but it was a little too late to give me folic acid recommendations when I'm already 12 weeks, then she said I don't need to take vitamins etc anymore but prescribed me pregnacare and folic acid so do I take it or not? Been taking it anyway I'm 19 weeks now will probably just carry on til baby arrives

I was on folic acid all through my pregnancy as I have epilepsy and they needed it to counter act my medication (my folic acid was 12 times normal dose) my son was born healthy so do not see any problems to keep taking them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back