folic acid

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
hi ladies just arrived at 12 weeks yestersay (yippe) and was after some advice. Is there any benefit from continuing to take daily folic acid or should i stop now?? just wondered what you ladies are doing??xx thanks in advance:):)

Personally I stopped taking folic acid at 12 weeks because a friend of mine told me that it could help settle my morning sickness and I was willing to try anything! And it worked :D I had my 20 week scan a couple of days ago and there is nothing wrong with my little bab so it didn't do her any harm :D

xxx

I have taken sanatogen mother-to-be vitamins (which contain folic acid) from the start and am going to continue til bubs is born, maybe even while im breastfeeding, as i dont eat as much fruit and veg as i should. They can't do any harm. Dont think i would take the folic acid on its own though. xxx

Hello! I have now stopped taking the folic acid as my midwife said i can stop now and it doesnt have that much effect after 12 weeks, its just when the cells are forming they use it, apparently not now x

I checked with a pharmicist yesterday, and she said there was no need to keep taking it, if I didn't want to. She gave me iron tablets to move onto next week.

Last edited:
I am taking pregnacare daily which has folic acid in it so will be continuing with it i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back