Flying while pregnant ?tell the airline

english rose

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Babybo's holiday insurance question got me thinking......

I'm going on a 3 hour flight at the beginning of august - I'll be 12 weeks + 5 when we fly (ish!).

I will get the appropriate travel insurance, but do you think I need to tell the airline or is there no point at this stage?

Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i dont think theres any need to tell them unless your in your last tri?!i may be wrong tho i flew at 7and a half months but didnt tell them! i had a doctors note from my FIL saying i was fit to fly though!

Different airlines have different rules, but I think at 12+5 you will be totally fine to fly without having to tell them. We're flying with Jet2 at the end of July and I'll be about 17 weeks. Their rules are that if on your return flight you are more than 26 weeks you need a doctor's note to say you are fit to fly, if you are going to be more than 34 weeks on your return flight then you can't fly, but if you are less than 26 weeks, then there is no problem, and no need to tell them. All airlines will probably have similar rules, just check out their website if you want the extra reassurance.

I think it's 26/7 weeks with them all unless you've got a fit to fly note! I flew at about 19 weeks and didn't need to tell them!

When i was expecting dd2 we went to Portugal i was only 6~8 weeks pregnant but hubby just informed the airling for peac of mind, you dont need to we just felt better letting them know xx

Its depended on the airline but you normally dont need to inform the airline or get a letter from the doctor till around 28 weeks.
Im 22 weeks and Ive just got back from crete and flying out no-one said anything but flying back i was asked how far gone i was (my bump is huge though) x x

I didn't tell mine, in Malaysia now and I enquired but not a problem with airline until tri3, then youneed a docs note to say pg is uncomplicated and they aren;t expecting probs. MW advised those support stockings though to prevent DVT. I got some in Boots and they def reduced the swelling I normally get in my feet so worth it :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back