Flu & Scan News

littlebump

Reaction score
Hi all

Haven't been on for a few days as have been ill once again - this time with the flu. Unbelievable - I think it was 10-12 years ago since I last got it and had already decided once I've this little bean is born to start having the flu injection as the thought of us all going down with the flu has been worrying me. Anyway it happened but we're on the mend.

Also, had my second scan yesterday which went well. It lasted half an hour as a student sonographer did it first, then the head sonographer came in and checked all her measurements - normally this would have been lovely but as I laid there with my belly exposed shivering my pants off, I really just wanted her to wrap it up to be honest. BUT thankfully everything looks good. Baby's got long legs again just like Maddie did! And we were very good and stuck to our guns in not finding out what the sex was so we're definitely having another surprise!! Anyway we must have looked a right sight both walking out with puffy red blood-shot eyes and snivveling away, but both with big grins on our faces!

The scan piccies are a little crap as the student did them, but once I'm back at work I'll get them scanned in and post them.

Hope everyone's well - I'll try and catch up on the posts over the next few days but I'm bound to miss a load.

LBxx

glad everything went well...Shame pics aren't great our first lot weren't either, good to hear your feeling a bit better

Hi

Glad everything is well, sorry you didnt great pics all the ones of Kiara were crap.
Hope you start to feel better its aweful when your pregnant and sick. I just have a tummy bug couldnt imagine the flu right now :shock:
Katrina

Sorry to hear about you having the flu. That's bad enough but when you are pregnant it's awful not being able to take much to help. Just keep drinking lots of fluids that will help.

I usually have the 'flu jab as we are given it free at work. I was in 2 minds if I was pregnant when they came around this year so I didn't want to risk it.

Shame about the scan. I guess everyone has to learn sometime but I know it can be a bit annoying when you are the guinea pig. :wink:

Take care
Sabrina
x

Thanks ladies!

The student was really good but as a result the scan went on longer than I wanted as I just wanted to go back to bed. Just a shame the piccies came out so poor - especially as they still charged me £3 per piccie!

Ah well - the main thing is baby's OK and doesn't seem to mind that his/her mum's feeling crappy!!

Having flu is nasty, poor you... :hug:

Glad all is well with LO though! x

Im glad everything went well. Hope your feeling better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back