Flu Jab :(

hehe :) mad t think that thats the next time u will see her...my app isnt while 3:40 eeek...i'd rather have mi blood taken than have a vaccination dunno why cos theres not much difference really haha! x

Had mine a good few weeks ago now. Sore arm for two days but thats it. Like everyone else has said, its not a live vaccine so you won't get flu. But some people do get flu like symptoms. It doesn't mean you have flu though. :) xx

My arm hurts :( I'm being such a wuss x Must do some cooking tonight though was so looking forward to it x Miss my kitchen men just rearrange everything grrr x

This that right that your not meant to have the flu jab if you are allegic to egg. I am five weeks pregnant and they mentioned the flu jab to me, which i was unsure of having in these early stages of pregnancy.

Well...what a farce...the nurse just rung me half hour back and asked how far on i was...i said 9 weeks and she said i cant have the flu jab until i am in the 2nd trimester :/ now thats confused me as there seems to be a few of you girls thats had yours done before the 2nd tri! She said to me that the flu jab isnt really recommended at all...great!! gonna buy a mask and keep away from anyone with lurgies now lol!! x

Well...what a farce...the nurse just rung me half hour back and asked how far on i was...i said 9 weeks and she said i cant have the flu jab until i am in the 2nd trimester :/ now thats confused me as there seems to be a few of you girls thats had yours done before the 2nd tri! She said to me that the flu jab isnt really recommended at all...great!! gonna buy a mask and keep away from anyone with lurgies now lol!! x

I had mine done and I'm only 9 weeks like you, :S Hope nothing bad is going happen now. Strange but when I booked mine they never asked how far gone I was just as why I needed it x

well i'm really miffed now as i have just read the followin on the nhs web site:

It is recommended that all pregnant women should have the flu vaccine, whatever stage of pregnancy they're in.
This is because there is good evidence that pregnant women have an increased risk of developing complications if they get flu, particularly from the H1N1 strain.
Studies have shown that the flu vaccine can be safely and effectively given during any trimester of pregnancy. The vaccine does not carry risks for either the mother or baby. In fact, studies have shown that mothers who have had the vaccine while pregnant pass some protection to their babies, which lasts for the first few months of their lives

think i may be ringing my docs back up and questioning as to why i have been refused it until i am at least 14 weeks as the nurse said!!! x

i would ring the Dr's back hun, that nurse seems like shes talking rubbish, you should make sure they know shes giving out the wrong advice, thats terrible. xx

yeah i am gonna do...bet she just wanted to get off early and couldnt be flaming arsed...she sounded like that sort of person when i spoke with her, didnt seem the least bit interested etc! Not a happy bunny right now!! x

Oh no! How annoying for you. The nurse is wrong - I've just had mine at 9 weeks and there was no mention at all about having to wait for it. My midwife said it was safe at any point during pregnancy. x

yep i am sooooo on one in the morning, i'd have been fine with it if the nurse had given me the correct info, just seems like she is fobbing me off though...tbh if there was a certain criteria to make at my surgery the receptionist would have informed me before booking me in!!! well cheesed off!! x

That was true for last year's one but not this year. When I had my scan at 6 weeks the lady I saw afterwards said I should book it as early as possible so I asked if it was ok to have in 1st tri and she checked and said it was fine. I also checked on the NHS choices website as last year they'd said on there that you couldn't have it in the first tri x

Ahhh right so shes assuming its the same this year then aint she!! well i'm going to ring the doctors this morning and see what the receptionist advises! she might speak to a doctor or something and hopefully i'll be able to get the jab! x

Rung the docs this afternoon and explained all to the receptionist, she said i need to make an appointment with a nurse about it so i'm there tuesday at 3:50pm...should be fun!! Feel like i am undermining the health professionals but the nhs website aint gonna lie and as far as i am concerned she should be aware of the new regulations re pregnant women and flu jabs...that is all lol!! x

I had mine this morning and since lunchtime I'm not feeling great :eek:( Slight temperature and so tired, I don't know how I'm going to get through another 2.5 hours at work!!
The jab won't give anyone flu but can give some people (particularly if it's the first time) flu like symptoms - looks like I'm one of those unlucky ones!! x

Oh no...hope it doesnt last too long and you start feeling better soon!! xx

Had my flu jab on Fri, felt totally fine until yesterday morning, woke up feeling awful, shivery and fevered at the same time, thumping sore head, actually threw up from the first time and was basically an emotional wreck! Woke up this morning and apart from sore tonsils, I feel fine! What a rollercoaster! Least if you do suffer the symptoms of flu after your jab you know they won't last too long! xxx

thanks hun :) i'm there to see the nurse today to discuss why i cant have the flu jab in my first trimester, hopefully she will have a change of heart and give me it there and then! fx xx

well just got back from seeing the nurse...the flu vaccination at our surgery is for use at any time during pregnancy if getting flu could cause severe complications such as if you have asthma etc, and is to be given at 13 weeks and upwards to other pregnant women who dont suffer from health issues etc! she said other surgeries may have a different flu vaccine and thats why some women have it in tri1, so i have to ring back 22nd December to book in for it...lets hope i dont catch anything in the meantime :/ xx

Thats a bummer hun x I hope your going to be ok though x its not as if you can stay cooped up inside as you have yopur daughter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back