Flights

jld123

Reaction score
Hi everyone

just a quick question

me and my boyfriend would like a nice peaceful break away together before the baby is born, however due to him being at university we need to work it around his time off, we want to go away on 23rd april - 30th april to spain however I will be 30 weeks pregnant by then. will i be allowed to fly?

thanks

I'm not really sure tbh, I'm sure someone on here will know. I think the airline you fly with has guidelines on when they will let you fly with them. I also read that some airlines will want a letter from your gp giving permission for you to fly.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. I also want to go away but have read information that airlines generally won't let you fly over 28 weeks, however they may if you get a doctors note. Also you have to check with your insurance that you will be covered should anything happen.

Done a lot of research into this, long haul most allow up to 30 weeks, BMI are up to 32. I'm flying with South African Airways and they allow up to 35!! but will require a doctors letter saying its ok.

Low cost airlines like Ryanair and Easyjet both require a doctors note after 28 weeks.

I went to egypt wen i was 22wks n i was told it depends on the airline u fly with, up to 28wks im sure ur ok but over that u need a doctors note (who will charge bout £25, i used to work at a doctors) and u will need to have ur green notes with u n acopy with some1 in england too (just incase)

We had a great time besides havin the trots most of the time we were there,

My midwife was really good n said she would do the letter 4me if i wanted insted of a doc to save a few quid, especially as she actually knew me insted of a doc who didnt!

If ur under a consultant id check they r happy for u to go,
Oh remember flight socks. To drink lotsa water. Ul need to tell ur insurance company ur preggers too cos it changes the policy slightly, mine just changed the wordin to say if i cancelled due to preggers problems i cudnt get a refund,

Where r u thinkin of goin?

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back