First taste of cows milk?

NIE

Reaction score
When did you give your lo their first taste of cows milk?

You can tell that I am counting down the days and looking forward to stopping steralising bottles and making up formula. xxx

Arianna was a little under a year as I ran put of formula. She took to it very easily... she is a milk-oholic!!

Some people mix cows milk and formula to start with, say 4oz of formula and 4oz of cows milk, but I never had to do that :)

I stopped sterilising over 2 weeks ago... lil miss puts EVERYTHING in her mouth so really there is no point in sterilising... I'm pretty sure the amount of germs she is consuming anyway, makes it obsolete.. I just make sure its put in the dish washer at the highest temp...

As for cows milk... on its own... its actually quite nutrient deficient.. formula offers a far better vitamin/mineral base than plain cows milk ever will. I'd suggest keeping your LO on formula until he is at least a year ... better if he was 2. :?

Glenn has had a little slurp or two when i have to share my cereal! lol but he hasnt had a bottle of it yet, he doesnt drink alot of milk, maybe 12 oz a day so i am trying to keep him on the follow on milk for as long as i can really just to ensure he gets the full quota of vitamins and minerals.

I was putting it on Austin's cereal from about 7 months. He never really noticed the change. He first had it as a drink instead of formula about 3 days before his birthday, the box of formula ran out & I wasn't buying a new one for the sake of 3 days!

I stopped sterilising everything at 6 months, I used to do his dummies in boiling water every month of so just to give them a 'boost'.

So it would be ok to give him a wee sip every now and again in a couple of months time? xxx

NIE said:
So it would be ok to give him a wee sip every now and again in a couple of months time? xxx

yeh i dont see why not? ky has 5oz on his cereal in the morning so i guess it would make no difference in a cup? i think they're allowed it but its not ment to replace formula or breast until they are one? :think:

Sage said:
NIE said:

yeh i dont see why not? ky has 5oz on his cereal in the morning so i guess it would make no difference in a cup? i think they're allowed it but its not ment to replace formula or breast until they are one? :think:

Yup thats right.. :) you can use it in food and cooking no probs from six months. :) But they still need to have lots of milk to drink be it formula or boob juice. :D

Thanks for that girls. :hug:

He is showing a real interest in my breakfast at the moment, so I'll maybe give him a little taste. xxx

Alex had his first taste of cows milk yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back