A question about cows milk now that Summer is 1

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Did you just stop giving LO formula milk and switched to cows milk?
Does she still need formula? and also will it give her the poo poos at first?

In the end we decided to keep giving Isaac formula, but he's had cows milk on his cereal since being about 10months old. The most common way is to just switch formula to cows and persevere, possibly pop the milk in a jug of hot water for a bit though to heat the milk up a little. Summer should now be getting all her nutrients from the foods in her daily diet so in respect of that she shouldn't need formula no, but I'd chat about it with your HV for more help and advice if you're concerned. Isaac never got poo poos, but like I said he'd had cows milk from a coulpe of months before hand. Very best wishes :hug:

Happy belated 1st Birthday too Summer!! :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/starti ... ilkexpert/

Austin had had cow's milk on his cereal since about 7/8 months, so when he turned 1 I just switched straight to cow's milk and he never had a problem with it. Just took it straight away.

switched luke to cows milk on his birthday and never looked back he was fine and took to it really well. i would use up your formula you hasve left and just do it, she should be fine, don't remember lukes bowel movements being an different.

maybebaby said:
Austin had had cow's milk on his cereal since about 7/8 months, so when he turned 1 I just switched straight to cow's milk and he never had a problem with it. Just took it straight away.

Snap!!! Arianna changed on to cows milk in her bottles a week or two before her 1st birthday as I ran out of formula and the HV said not to buy another tin

Thanks for the advice girls.
Summer ran out of formula this morning so I wont buy any more I will just put her on cows milk.
Awww I can't believe there will be no more baby milk!!! :clap:

Vickyleigh said:
Thanks for the advice girls.
Summer ran out of formula this morning so I wont buy any more I will just put her on cows milk.
Awww I can't believe there will be no more baby milk!!! :clap:

so much easier!

We've been using cows milk for a while but I actually find it more hassle to keep buying than formula tubs so I'm still using formula mostly, but if I can be assed to get cows milk he'll have that instead.. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back