First Scan - HURRAH!!!!!!!!!

First time mum

Reaction score
At last!!! I have news on my scan!!!
Hello girls, I was told by the doctor a few weeks ago that I would have an early scan between 8-10 weeks, being 10 weeks next Tuesday, up until an hour ago I hadnt heard anything and was getting worried/anxious/annoyed with racing home from work to get the post and finding no letter.
ANyway, I chased it up and although the hospital had got my details, still nothing was booked in. Spoke to a lovely sonographer woman who said that I shouldnt have been told I would not have one at 8-10 weeks, so 12 weeks it is, on Monday 18th August at 11.30am - TO SAY I AM RELIEVED/EXICITED IS A MAJOR UNDERSTATEMENT, although still a bit disappointed I wont be getting one any earlier.

18 days and counting! :dance: :dance: :cheer: :cheer: :D :D

Hi there,

Congratulations on booking your first scan. I just wanted to say hi because I noticed that we seem to be due on the same day. I haven't booked a scan yet but am very much looking forward to it. I can't wait to get passed the 12 weeks, even though mine is an unplanned pregnancy and I have no idea how I'll cope financially, I'm still scared of having a miscarriage.

I hope for both of us that having a scan will allow us to relax and just concentrate on enjoying our pregnancies. Take care, and best of luck.

Yay that's exciting :cheer:

I'm still waiting on my 12 week scan date and getting really impatient :(

All the best hun :hug:

Thanks girls, I cant wait.

I hope those of you still waiting, hear soon. I did have to chase mine up, so maybe think about doing that
x

Hello Cairns

How exciting that we are due the same time. It is my first pregnancy as well. I'm very lucky, I fell pregnant at the first try, on the last day of my honeymoon !!!!
I did tell myself it would take a good few months, but no, here I am 9 weeks pregnant!
We tell my husbands mum and dad tomorrow and they are going to be sooo excited as it will be their first grandchild.

With regards to the scan - your doctor should arrange that with the midwife. Have you been to the docs yet?
My doctor was very helpful (male!)

How are your sumptoms? - I have a bloated tummy, my sense of smell is soooo sharp, havent had morning sickness but have sore boobs on and off!

x

Hi, yep I've seen a midwife and she said I would get something in the mail and then I have to ring up and book my first scan. I'm a bit confused about what's actually coming in the mail, but I keep checking anyway... nothing yet.

As for my symptoms... :puke: and lots of it. I feel dreadful today. I'm about to head down to the shops for tins of soup for dinner as I find that's about all I can eat. Also extreme tiredness, constant nausea, sore breasts, headaches, mild depression... I'm beginning to wonder if I've contracted a disease rather than a pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about becoming a mum. I think it's just that the morning sickness is wearing me down. Hopefully it will pass soon.

I'm sorry to hear that your feeling pretty rough.
I think I have been very lucky, the main thing for me is just tiredness and sore breasts, things should get better for you once you reach 12 weeks?

Funny that you say you only feel like having soup at night - I'm exactly the same!!!!!!! All I want to eat for dinner is soup!!!!
I used to be a vegetarian for 15 years until about 4 years ago when I started eating meat again, but I now cant bear to eat chicken! really gone off it, i'm ok with other meats but not chicken? !!

Ive also got a thing about just wanting to eat fruit, especially apples - cant get enough of them!! Normally I'm not a big fruit eater. In fact as I write, I'm chomping away on a pink lady !!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back